From trendy crop tops to chiffon skirts made for twirling, bridal separates provide a cool twist on the traditional wedding dress. Not only do separates give you the option to mix and match to your heart’s content — think: pairing the perfect bodice with the *right* skirt to create a more one-of-a-kind look — they’re definitely more likely to become wear-again staples in your wardrobe long after your big day. Itching for some two-piece wedding dress inspo? One of these 15 bridal separates combinations might just create the wedding day outfit of your dreams.
1. Sarah Seven Crop Top No. 16 ($650) + Sarah Seven Skirt No. 8 ($690): Looking for something with a little retro flair? This coordinating set offers a contemporary twist on vintage classics with detailed sequins, adding a glam touch to this slim, streamlined silhouette.
2. Terani Couture Beaded Top + Organza Two-Piece Gown ($415): This dramatic ensemble feels like a modern version of the ballgown. Layers of satin-trimmed tulle make up the skirt, while sparkling beadwork brings some bling to this gorgeous look. (via Wedding Sparrow + Emilie Anne Photography)
3. Stone Fox Bride The Astrid ($3,750): Made with faille, a soft and light fabric designed with silk, this structured bridal combo feels super sophisticated. Keep it modern with a sleek ponytail and all-white bouquet, or give it a more romantic spin with a soft, braided updo and wildflower bundle.
4. The Babushka Ballerina Bridal Sweet Blossom Bodice + Bride Tea Time Tutu ($900): This lovely lace top features adorable cap sleeves for a romantic touch. Wear with a full, ’50s-inspired tulle skirt like this or a more traditional A-line style. The options are endless!
5. Lover Libra Crop Top + Matching Midi Skirt (price NA): Show just a peek of skin with this lacy matching set. The intricate overlay continues on both pieces, creating an eye-catching look that makes the two pieces feel more like they belong together.
6. Reformation Harper Two-Piece ($368): For an unexpected outfit, opt for the more earthy tones of luxe champagne like in this dreamy two-piece dress. The loose crop top features a halter neck design that pairs well with an ultra-flirty wrap skirt.
7. Theia Poppy Lace Crop Top ($495) + similar BHLDN Gracia Skirt ($800): Go for a romantic, boho-inspired look with this crop top. It’s an upscale piece that looks insanely polished with a form-fitting pencil skirt or a flowy maxi like this.
8. J.Crew Floral Beaded Top ($450) + J.Crew Sloane Skirt ($425): A hand-embellished silk camisole works for just about anything; pair with this simple skirt for the wedding so it will stand out when you’re at the altar.
9. Rue de Seine Vintage Collection 2015 Danni Top + Skirt (price NA): It doesn’t get any more boho-chic than this two-piece combination. A lacy tank coordinates beautifully with the full skirt and side lace detailing.
10. BHLDN Ella Bodysuit ($1,100) + BHLDN Amora Skirt ($600): This skirt was made for dancing. Layers of airy tulle are perfect for twirling around with your beloved, and combined with a bodysuit made from iridescent opals and glass beads, it’s an irresistible look.
11. Mira Zwillinger Toma Tulle Outfit (price NA): A short, layered tulle skirt like this creates a playful vibe, while a sheer applique top brings a dose of sexy style. Or, keep it more traditional by working a simple silk tank underneath for more coverage.
12. David’s Bridal Long Dress + Lace Pop Over ($130): With a side ruffle on the skirt and an elegant lace overlay on the top, this two-piece combination creates an easy-going, ultra-feminine look.
13. Sharon Hoey Topaz Top + Skirt (price NA): This elegant skirt features straight lines for a slim look, while the soft fabric provides the right amount of movement. The lovely embellished top balances out the beautiful simplicity of the skirt.
14. Karen Willis Holmes Tillie Top + Natasha Skirt (price NA): Constructed with georgette, a lightweight crepe fabric, this skirt offers an upscale, minimalist look. We love how it’s given an uber romantic touch with this lacy long-sleeved top.
15. Watters Brides Kian Corset + Priya Skirt (prices NA): Rock this detailed corset with a full organza skirt for the ceremony, then switch it up with something a bit more streamlined and casual for the reception — we’re thinking tailored pants and a drape-y kimono.
What’s your favorite bridal separates look? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!