Bridal showers used to be all about corny games, stuffy venues, and lots of small talk with out-of-town relatives. But now, modern brides are hosting more laid-back soirées that focus on their own personal style. We can’t promise there won’t be a game (or two), but these nine trendy bridal shower themes won’t make your guests second-guess sending in an RSVP.
1. Tropical Paradise: Bright, fresh, and full of color, tropical-themed bridal showers are here to stay. All the pineapples and palm trees aren’t going anywhere and we’re not mad about it. (via Yasmin Sarai / Inspired by This)
2. Big Balloons: Balloons have made a comeback at all of your favorite events in a BIG way. Whether they’re used for a colorful backdrop or to spell out your new last name, balloons will make your bridal shower burst with fun. (via Sugar and Cloth)
3. Pool Party: Make a splash by hosting your bridal shower poolside. There’s nothing like gathering your girls to celebrate your upcoming wedding with the sun shining and a frozen cocktail in hand. (via Mary Costa Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
4. Pajama Party: Taking laid-back to the next level, a pajama party is the perfect excuse to stay in your sweatpants and soak up a day that’s all about you. Plus, pancakes are like, really, really good. (via Ruth Eileen / Style Me Pretty)
5. Sweet Treats: There’s nothing we don’t love about dessert tables. Displaying all your favorite treats for your friends and family to nibble on is going to be the sweetest part of your shower — literally! (via Katie Shuler / Green Wedding Shoes)
6. Boozy Brunch: Mimosas and bridal showers pretty much go hand in hand, right? Expect to see a lot more personalized bars and cocktails at the bridal showers you’re invited to this year. Cheers! (via Shayla Renee Photography / Inspired by This)
7. Backyard Picnic: Fancy dinners are out and finger food is in. Host a picnic in your backyard or at a nearby park for a unique bridal shower that will never be forgotten. (via Eric Kelley Photography)
8. Champagne Chic: No need to go all out with kitschy bridal shower favors. A few small Champagne bottles wrapped with pretty ribbons and straws will delight your guests and definitely won’t go to waste! (via Tracey Ayton / Rue Magazine)
9. Ladies Who Lunch: Who doesn’t love an excuse to get dressed up on a Sunday afternoon for tea and cucumber sandwiches? Channel the royal family and host a bridal shower tea party that will make you want to put your pinky up. (via Sugar and Cloth)
Want more bridal shower inspiration? Check us out on Pinterest for all of our favorite ideas.