10 Gorgeous Ways to Incorporate Calligraphy into Your Wedding Decor
Greenery and minimalist floral arrangements are two wedding decor trends we can expect to see a lot of in 2017. But there’s one classic we can’t forget: calligraphy! This gorgeous and whimsical trend is still going strong, and for good reason. Not only is it super beautiful, but it’s often done by female small-business owners (AKA #girlbosses). This roundup is an ode to calligraphy, the women who create it and the many ways you can incorporate it into your wedding day.
1. Drink Signs: With custom laser-cut (and super cute) signs letting them know what drinks are being served, your guests won’t have to second-guess their choice. (via Tec Petaja / Laura Hooper Calligraphy)
3. Invitations: A touch of calligraphy adds a striking contrast on invitations. To tie the theme together, add some calligraphy to the signage at your reception. (via Cast Calligraphy / Oh So Beautiful Paper)
4. A Series of Quotes: Framing the walkway to your ceremony with these hand-lettered signs is, for sure, a rockstar idea. They might even make for a great DIY if you want to try your hand (pun intended) at calligraphy. (via Connie Whitlock / Style Me Pretty)
6. Table Numbers: If you’re in need of an elegant and stylish table number, look no further. And if gold isn’t in your choice, it’s super simple to switch out the colors and keep the candles and greenery as your centerpiece. (via Bernadette Pollard / Song and Pen)
8. Sweetheart Chairs: A subtle touch of calligraphy makes *everything* better. With the country chic chairs, wood panels and rope, this is a very cohesive look that, we think, wouldn’t be complete without some twirly white letters. (via Deer Pearl Flowers / Tulle and Chantilly)
9. Guest Book Sign: Is it really necessary to have a sign that asks guests to write in the guestbook? When you come across one this beautiful, the answer is YES. Find this handmade Mulberry Market Design Sign ($25) on Etsy or DIY your own.
10. Serving Rock: We have to admit that we’ve never seen this before, but we *love* it! Everyone always asks what’s on the serving platter — well, now it’s displayed in the prettiest way possible. (via Tec Petaja / Laura Hooper Calligraphy)
Want more wedding inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.