If the fall runway shows and latest Instababe sightings are any indication, then it won’t be long before you’re embracing military-inspired camo prints with open arms. Whether you rock a RiRi-style faux fur camo parka over a bodycon dress or test drive an ultra-femme camo print blouse for the boardroom, the versatility of this tough-girl pattern shall not be overlooked. Still not convinced? We’ve compiled 16 delightfully unexpected camouflage items that deserve to be added to your slew of statement-making pieces for a season of #winning looks. Combat boots not required, but definitely appreciated.
1. Reclaimed Vintage Overdye Military Jacket in Camo Print ($73): *THIS* is the camo print topper you didn’t know you needed, but now won’t be able to live without. The purple hue is a welcome change of pace from your typical army green — but don’t be mistaken; it’s no less fierce. Dial up the drama with a boxy knit sweater, a bodycon skirt and Doc Martens for an off-duty uniform that takes you from a.m. to p.m.
2. Reclaimed Vintage Military Jacket in Camo Print With All Over Cactus ($89): Where, oh where, was this rad military cactus print jacket during festival season? Roll up the sleeves just a smidge and toss it on alongside some distressed boyfriend jeans, for a casual-cool getup that doesn’t mess around. Factor in a plaid button-down and some cowgirl boots for instant Southwestern flair.
3. TNA Alix Pant ($85): Part athleisure, part military brat, these casual camo print pants were made for a lazy Monday spent working from home. Not only are they ridiculously comfortable (hello, drawstring waist!), but they’ll take you from tackling your inbox to heading out for a mid-afternoon coffee run like that. Did we mention they’re SUPER soft? We digress.
4. Zara Camouflage Dungarees ($70): Maybe you’re gearing up for hunting season or perhaps you’re just a camo enthusiast. We’re leaning toward the latter. These camo dungarees would look best styled with a ribbed turtleneck sweater and a knit beanie for a brisk afternoon in the park. Avoid fluorescent orange at all costs in favor of ‘90s-style hoop earrings and combat boots for a grunge aesthetic that slays.
5. Nasty Gal On a Warpath Camo Cardigan ($68): Rest assured there won’t be any blending in with this camouflage cardigan that will keep you snug and stylin’ on nippy mornings. Put the va-va in the voom with a lace-up bodysuit and suede OTK boots, or prep for a GNO with a come-hither slip dress and lace-up boots.
6. French Connection Adeline Dream Camo Relaxed Shirt ($108): If you thought camouflage was reserved solely for self-proclaimed tomboys, then guess again. This sophisticated camo-floral print blouse is for the London girl in all of us. Proceed to toss it on alongside cropped flares, pointed ankle boots and a chic fedora for a low-key date night or an evening spent barhopping. Sign us up, please.
7. Free People Cap Sleeve Camo ($128): ICYMI: Camouflage is the new animal print. This camo print cap-sleeve button-down, complete with utilitarian pockets, is more than deserving of a spot in your weekly wardrobe rotation. It takes two seconds flat to style with jeans (just add backless loafers) and can be popped right over a leather mini skirt for the easiest #OOTN (outfit of the night) yet.
8. Charles & Keith Camo Print Crossbody ($86): Baby steps, people, baby steps! Girls on the go will appreciate the versatility of this free-wheelin’ camo print cross-body bag that can double as a clutch for post-work drinks. With culottes or a LBD in tow, you’ll easily be the bossest babe around.
9. Express Camouflage Soft Twill Popover Shirt Dress ($70): Take note: Every girl needs a popover shirt dress this non-fussy on standby. You’ll be inspired to reach for it on lazy mornings when you press snooze one too many times, for a look that screams modern-day G.I. Joe. Size up for a more effortless fit or cinch the waist with a belt for a hint of sexy.
10. River Island Khaki Camo Pumps ($70): Channel major confidence and swagger at your nine-to-five with these camo pumps that can stand on their own. They’ll look best paired with tapered trousers, a slinky white blouse and an after hours-approved leather moto jacket. Come the weekend, distressed black skinnies and an off-duty sweatshirt will be your jam.
11. Topshop Tall Camo Print Jumpsuit ($74): Too much camo? No such thing. A one-piece wonder with this much cool-girl appeal will always do you right. It’s sultry enough to hit the dance floor, but conservative enough to suit up for the office — suede mules and a smart blazer are required for any and all after-hours affairs. Pssst: It even has pockets.
12. Rag & Bone Woodland Camo Scarf ($195): Enough with the plaid blanket scarves already — this camo print scarf is made for edgy girls who swear by leather jackets and biker boots on the daily. Proceed to pair it with a white V-neck tee and gray skinny jeans for an alternative look that doesn’t cramp your style.
13. Missguided Tall Camo Print Pencil Skirt ($24): Camo for the boardroom? We can’t speak for HR, but to us this gray camo print pencil skirt looks legit enough to work the reception desk. Teamed with a cream-colored mock neck sweater and Chelsea boots, it could also double for a night on the town with your squad.
14. Free People Teddy Toggle Coat ($198): Just a reminder that cold weather happens, y’all! Enter the cuddly Sherpa toggle coat, featuring a built-in camo shirt, that will shield you against the elements this winter. Between frigid morning commutes and trips out to the pumpkin patch, it’ll serve as a way chic alternative to any oversized puffer.
15. After Party by Nasty Gal You Know the Drill Camo Tee ($48): Introducing the anything-but-basic basic you need in your life STAT. This green and brown camo print tee with a ribbed neckline (AKA your new secret weapon in disguise) will style itself on more occasions than you can count. Pair it with streamlined leather joggers or denim overalls for a dialed-down look, and don’t hesitate to tie a silk square scarf around your neck for instant panache.
16. Zara Short Camouflage Print Quilted Coat ($100): Turn down for what? Keep the camo haters away with this fly quilted coat that’ll shut ‘em down in just one sighting. Pair with track pants for an off-the-clock look or reach street MVP status with a crop top, high-waisted mom jeans and fuzzy steppers. Either way, you’ve got this.
Will you be embracing camo prints this fall? Follow us on Pinterest for more fall style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.