The Unexpected Print That Will Be Dominating Your Wardrobe This Fall
If the fall runway shows and latest Instababe sightings are any indication, then it won’t be long before you’re embracing military-inspired camo prints with open arms. Whether you rock a RiRi-style faux fur camo parka over a bodycon dress or test drive an ultra-femme camo print blouse for the boardroom, the versatility of this tough-girl pattern shall not be overlooked. Still not convinced? We’ve compiled 16 delightfully unexpected camouflage items that deserve to be added to your slew of statement-making pieces for a season of #winning looks. Combat boots not required, but definitely appreciated.
1. Reclaimed Vintage Overdye Military Jacket in Camo Print ($73): *THIS* is the camo print topper you didn’t know you needed, but now won’t be able to live without. The purple hue is a welcome change of pace from your typical army green — but don’t be mistaken; it’s no less fierce. Dial up the drama with a boxy knit sweater, a bodycon skirt and Doc Martens for an off-duty uniform that takes you from a.m. to p.m.
2. Reclaimed Vintage Military Jacket in Camo Print With All Over Cactus ($89): Where, oh where, was this rad military cactus print jacket during festival season? Roll up the sleeves just a smidge and toss it on alongside some distressed boyfriend jeans, for a casual-cool getup that doesn’t mess around. Factor in a plaid button-down and some cowgirl boots for instant Southwestern flair.
3. TNA Alix Pant ($85): Part athleisure, part military brat, these casual camo print pants were made for a lazy Monday spent working from home. Not only are they ridiculously comfortable (hello, drawstring waist!), but they’ll take you from tackling your inbox to heading out for a mid-afternoon coffee run like that. Did we mention they’re SUPER soft? We digress.
4. Zara Camouflage Dungarees ($70): Maybe you’re gearing up for hunting season or perhaps you’re just a camo enthusiast. We’re leaning toward the latter. These camo dungarees would look best styled with a ribbed turtleneck sweater and a knit beanie for a brisk afternoon in the park. Avoid fluorescent orange at all costs in favor of ‘90s-style hoop earrings and combat boots for a grunge aesthetic that slays.
5. Nasty Gal On a Warpath Camo Cardigan ($68): Rest assured there won’t be any blending in with this camouflage cardigan that will keep you snug and stylin’ on nippy mornings. Put the va-va in the voom with a lace-up bodysuit and suede OTK boots, or prep for a GNO with a come-hither slip dress and lace-up boots.
6. French Connection Adeline Dream Camo Relaxed Shirt ($108): If you thought camouflage was reserved solely for self-proclaimed tomboys, then guess again. This sophisticated camo-floral print blouse is for the London girl in all of us. Proceed to toss it on alongside cropped flares, pointed ankle boots and a chic fedora for a low-key date night or an evening spent barhopping. Sign us up, please.
7. Free People Cap Sleeve Camo ($128): ICYMI: Camouflage is the new animal print. This camo print cap-sleeve button-down, complete with utilitarian pockets, is more than deserving of a spot in your weekly wardrobe rotation. It takes two seconds flat to style with jeans (just add backless loafers) and can be popped right over a leather mini skirt for the easiest #OOTN (outfit of the night) yet.
8. Charles & Keith Camo Print Crossbody ($86): Baby steps, people, baby steps! Girls on the go will appreciate the versatility of this free-wheelin’ camo print cross-body bag that can double as a clutch for post-work drinks. With culottes or a LBD in tow, you’ll easily be the bossest babe around.
9. Express Camouflage Soft Twill Popover Shirt Dress ($70): Take note: Every girl needs a popover shirt dress this non-fussy on standby. You’ll be inspired to reach for it on lazy mornings when you press snooze one too many times, for a look that screams modern-day G.I. Joe. Size up for a more effortless fit or cinch the waist with a belt for a hint of sexy.
10. River Island Khaki Camo Pumps ($70): Channel major confidence and swagger at your nine-to-five with these camo pumps that can stand on their own. They’ll look best paired with tapered trousers, a slinky white blouse and an after hours-approved leather moto jacket. Come the weekend, distressed black skinnies and an off-duty sweatshirt will be your jam.
11. Topshop Tall Camo Print Jumpsuit ($74): Too much camo? No such thing. A one-piece wonder with this much cool-girl appeal will always do you right. It’s sultry enough to hit the dance floor, but conservative enough to suit up for the office — suede mules and a smart blazer are required for any and all after-hours affairs. Pssst: It even has pockets.
12. Rag & Bone Woodland Camo Scarf ($195): Enough with the plaid blanket scarves already — this camo print scarf is made for edgy girls who swear by leather jackets and biker boots on the daily. Proceed to pair it with a white V-neck tee and gray skinny jeans for an alternative look that doesn’t cramp your style.
13. Missguided Tall Camo Print Pencil Skirt ($24): Camo for the boardroom? We can’t speak for HR, but to us this gray camo print pencil skirt looks legit enough to work the reception desk. Teamed with a cream-colored mock neck sweater and Chelsea boots, it could also double for a night on the town with your squad.
14. Free People Teddy Toggle Coat ($198): Just a reminder that cold weather happens, y’all! Enter the cuddly Sherpa toggle coat, featuring a built-in camo shirt, that will shield you against the elements this winter. Between frigid morning commutes and trips out to the pumpkin patch, it’ll serve as a way chic alternative to any oversized puffer.
15. After Party by Nasty Gal You Know the Drill Camo Tee ($48): Introducing the anything-but-basic basic you need in your life STAT. This green and brown camo print tee with a ribbed neckline (AKA your new secret weapon in disguise) will style itself on more occasions than you can count. Pair it with streamlined leather joggers or denim overalls for a dialed-down look, and don’t hesitate to tie a silk square scarf around your neck for instant panache.
16. Zara Short Camouflage Print Quilted Coat ($100): Turn down for what? Keep the camo haters away with this fly quilted coat that’ll shut ‘em down in just one sighting. Pair with track pants for an off-the-clock look or reach street MVP status with a crop top, high-waisted mom jeans and fuzzy steppers. Either way, you’ve got this.
Will you be embracing camo prints this fall? Follow us on Pinterest for more fall style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.