17 Cheeky Cold Weather Accessories That Will Make You LOL
During a season dominated by blustery temps and a brutal windchill, even the tiniest glimmer of hope a la your cold-weather accessories can prove to be game-changing. Sure, you may be freezing from head to toe — despite your arsenal of longline coats and faux fur essentials already on standby — but at least you’ve got a cheeky beanie or a goofy pair of mittens to keep you in high spirits when it’s cold AF. Not to mention the fact that you’ll be spreading cheer wherever you go. Don’t delay: We’ve got you covered with 17 playful wintry knits that will make you and random passersby smile.
1. Tommy Hilfiger Knitted Scarf With Detachable Poms in Two Colors ($113): Poms = instant bliss, amirite? With detachable navy and red pom-poms, this quirky wool scarf will conquer a case of the winter blahs like that.
2. Yumi Polar Optimists Scarf ($65): Not even single-digit temps can get you down! This fuzzy polar bear scarf was made for the eternal optimist in all of us. The mere sight of the pom-pom tail and printed paws will conjure happy thoughts even when the weather’s downright gloomy.
3. Kate Spade Bunny Ear Beanie ($68): You had us at leather bunny ears. For a posh look that would do any urban sophisticate proud, team this black beanie with a bow-neck blouse, a leather pleated skirt and fancy velvet loafers. Winter formal awaits you.
4. Mischa Lampert Nolita Hat ($338): Drastic temperatures call for drastic measures. Introducing the OTT cozy knit earflap hat that calls to mind moon boots, long-line puffer jackets and, you guessed it, the North Pole. You laugh now, but come the first legitimately cold day of the season (or your first trip to the ski slopes — whichever comes first), you’ll be reaching for this piece alongside a thermal crew and knee-high socks.
5. Scotch & Soda Leather Gloves ($115): Good luck staying toasty once the first polar vortex hits. Actually, with these luxuriously soft leather gloves complete with a thinsulate lining in heavy rotation, you might not fare so badly after all. Sign us up, please.
6. Collection XIIX Reindeer Faux Fur Trapper Hat ($38): Two words: no shame. Let Christmas naysayers throw all the shade they want — you’ve got holiday spirit, and you’re NOT afraid to show it. Parade this WTF-worthy reindeer-inspired faux fur trapper around town with a bright red sweater and leather joggers for the ultimate seasonal getup.
7. Kate Spade Cat Convertible Wool Mittens ($88): Self-proclaimed lazy girls will flock to these crazy cat lady-approved convertible mittens that will hold you down on a snow day and improve your texting game (they also double as fingerless gloves, natch). Cute and functional has never looked so good.
8. H&M Knit Hat ($10): Your response to yet another dreary forecast or a case of the Mondays: Meow (with a hint of sarcasm, please). Just you wait — the accent ears will serve as the exclamation point to every colorful topper in your winter wardrobe.
9. Mango Ribbed Beanie ($26): ‘90s babes, get excited! If this ribbed statement beanie doesn’t make you want to reach for a velvet slip dress, combat boots and a camo print parka, then we don’t know what will.
10. Chiara Ferragni Flirting Beanie Hat ($187): Why, hello there, hottie sitting next to you on the morning train. Let your flirting beanie do ALL the schmoozing as you oh-so subtly drop a hint that you’re *definitely* interested.
11. Boohoo Diana Slay Slogan Beanie ($10): We see ya, boss babes with a don’t-mess-around ‘tude. Day or night, work or play, you best believe you’ll be slayin’ hard this winter. Consider this all-black beanie a testament to your fierce ways. A leather moto jacket and Adidas Superstars will be in order for a downtown-inspired look.
12. Missguided Black Ribbed Badge Beanie ($14): Too much sass? Not possible. This rad badge beanie has no shortage of personality and pizzazz to go around. Not only will it lend a little extra somethin’ somethin’ to every #OOTD, but it’ll look boss lady-approved with an embroidered slogan denim jacket and Doc Martens in tow.
13. H&M Smartphone Gloves ($6): Yes, indeed. You know it, we know it and that unassuming fella sitting next to you on the subway most certainly knows it. Let ‘em stop and stare, we say!
14. Front Row Shop Colorblock Faux Fur Scarf ($36): As if you would even consider blending in with the crowd. Ditch the drab winter accessories for this man-repelling color-block faux fur scarf (those poms!) with major traffic-stopping potential. For maximum impact, pair with a leather mini, patent stiletto OTK boots and fishnet tights.
15. Alice + Olivia Stace Face Flip Back Mitten ($175): This just in: We’re smitten with these Stacey Bendet-inspired flip-back mittens designed with Hollywood It girls in mind. Perfect for red carpet galas and winter soirees alike, they call for a shimmery frock, glitter-flecked heels and a signature red lip to channel your inner glitterati.
16. Missguided Christmas Tree Hat ($18): ‘Tis the season to deck the halls with tacky fair isle sweaters and apparently unsightly Christmas tree hats that can be spotted at least a mile away. Blinged out with metallic beads and a shining star, this beanie is guaranteed to put you in a holidaze. Wear it all December long for no shortage of fa-la-las to go around.
17. Wildfox Super Fries Finger Food Gloves ($51): Our selfie-obsessed generation can officially let out a sigh of relief — super fries-inspired gloves do exist. *Adds to cart without hesitation for a late-night McDonald’s run (what else?) or morning commute.*
Which of these playful cold weather-approved accessories will you be investing in? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)