17 Faux Fur Essentials to Keep You Cozy All Season Long
Winter is a tough time for most of us. Dwindling daylight, bitterly cold temperatures, flu season — the list goes on and on. And anything that can lessen the season’s bummer factor is SO welcome. While statement sweaters, matcha lattes and all velvet everything go a long way in combatting the post-summer blues, we could do with a little more oomph. Sure, we’d be open to a brand new It-girl-approved handbag or two, but there’s nothing like a faux fur bomber or pom-pom-topped hat to make less-than-ideal temperatures seem like the perfect opportunity to show off your inner glamazon… which is exactly why we’ve curated the list of 17 fabulously furry pieces below. Yeah — we’ve got you.
1. Abercrombie Faux Fur Jacket ($120): If you’ve been holding out for a faux fur coat that doesn’t betray your minimalist sensibilities, this bad boy is it. The dramatic midnight green hue and classic styling render this ‘70s-inspired coat elegant rather than over the top.
2. Say the Sun Pop Faux Fur Slide Sandal ($64): With the holidays right around the corner (and with it a household full of people bearing witness to your chill side), it’s time to invest in a few laid-back essentials that strike the ultimate balance between street-style chic and lazy-girl cool. The perfect starting point? These red hot slides that are prime time for your Netflix-and-chill routine.
3. Zara Multicolored Faux Fur Sweatshirt ($50): Who says sweatshirts have to be snoozy? Decked out in multicolored faux fur, this topper is a bona fide scene-stealer and hero piece in disguise. Whether you team it with joggers and Stan Smiths or skinny jeans and velvet pumps, it’s a straight shot to chic.
4. Free People Alpine Faux Fur Earmuffs ($20): Introducing the cutest way to cover up this season. Cut knit caps out of the equation and cozy up to these playful pink earmuffs that are anything but short on panache. Pop ‘em on with a printed cocoon coat and corduroys for an afternoon of ice skating and cocoa sipping.
5. Zara Faux Fur Vamp Sandals ($60): Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better than classic pumps, we introduce you to a pair of party-ready steppers with major envelope-pushing appeal. The fur-trimmed straps turn the glam factor up 10 notches, so you’ll feel like a bona fide diva the second you slip them on.
6. Free People Multi Faux Fur Pompom Bag Charm ($16): Go-to tote starting to feel blasé? Hit refresh on your signature sac with a two-tone pom-pom inspired by the Fendi runway. The best part? This serious style boost comes in under $20, but the fashion cred you’ll get is priceless.
7. ASOS Bomber Jacket in Floral Jacquard With Fur Collar ($98): Found it: the bomber jacket that will help you make sartorial history. The sky blue faux fur collar and floral jacquard print will make you feel — and look — like a million bucks even in your most basic pair of jeans. Dress it up with a metallic pleated skirt for GNO, or gear up for an afternoon with the girls by slipping on statement ankle boots and a sleek sweater dress.
8. Foley & Corinna Phoebe Faux Fur Tote ($348): This bold handbag was made for combatting mid-season style slumps. The palette of vibrant hues is the perfect remedy for gray skies, while the soft faux fur will make you feel warm and fuzzy inside with just one glance — key on mornings when the temps take a major dip.
9. Mango Faux Fur Stole ($70): This season, we’re all about rocking statement accessories that keep out the cold while turning up the heat on our cold-weather wardrobe. Gear up for an impending cold front with a color-block stole that will put your blanket scarf to shame. Day or night, work or play, this It girl-approved number makes the ideal partner to a structured car coat and classic ankle boots.
10. Forever21 Leopard Print Faux Fur Jacket ($60): Rawr. When classic pea coats and cable knit sweaters start feeling too, well, predictable, this is the piece you want on your side. Fierce AF is the only way to describe this exotic topper that’s begging to be paired with leather trousers, backless loafers and an oversized turtleneck. And don’t just reserve it for after-hours occasions — this bad boy is key for amping up the glam factor for everyday activities.
11. Charlotte Simone Sassy Cap ($63): Say buh-bye to standard beanies and wide-brim hats that aren’t doing your blossoming street-style status any favors. Meet the punchy wool cap that will set you apart from the rest of the #OOTD crowd (we’re swooning hard over that bright blue pom). You best believe this standout piece will look just as DDG with a long wool duster, plaid shirt dress and combat boots as it would with a bow neck blouse, corduroy skirt and retro-style coat.
12. Zara Faux Fur Slingback Ballerinas ($70): Those fur-lined backless loafers you’ve been seeing all over your Insta feed? Well, we’ve done you one better. Feast your eyes upon the fanciest slingback flats you’ll ever see. Between the patent upper and plush lining, these low-lying numbers are about to become your best-kept secret. Your coworkers will think you’re the picture of polish, while you’ll be smiling smugly at your desk knowing that these puppies are the workweek equivalent of snuggly slippers.
13. Tna Blackcomb Parka ($275): Fact: Your arsenal of fanciful outerwear won’t do you any favors when you come face-to-face with a thermometer that reads below 30 degrees. That’s where this heavy-duty parka comes in. Faux fur lining and wind- and water-resistant fabric keep frigid temps in check — because it’s nice like that.
14. Skinnydip Faux Fur Box Clutch Bag in Pink ($43): A show-stopping clutch is in order, what with holiday fêtes and functions on the horizon. This furry pink number is just what the doctor ordered to keep your go-to LBD feeling fresh and fancy. Pair it with a burgundy velvet wrap dress and ankle-strap heels for a winter wedding or black tie event, or edge up an effortless off-duty look by styling it alongside a graphic sweatshirt, boyfriend jeans and lace-up ballet flats.
15. Mango Faux Fur Collar Trench ($130): When it comes to ticking all the boxes, this anything-but-classic trench totally delivers. Not for the faint of heart, bold patches and a fiery red faux fur collar serve up a side of serious sass. Toss it on with an artsy shoulder bag and a bright pout to liven up a minimalist ensemble.
16. Zara Faux Fur Hat ($40): Before you can even let out a “brr!” get dibs on this fluffy faux fur hat that’s fit for an ice queen. It’s not exactly subtle, but it’s straight-up magical when worn with an embroidered coat, over-the-knee boots and a cable knit sweater dress. We’re so down.
17. Mango Faux Fur Denim Jacket ($90): Going hand-in-hand with your prized slip dress, grunge cardigan and don’t-mess Doc Martens, this souped-up denim jacket belongs in your closet STAT. Add a wool mini, knit beanie and flannel button-down to put your ‘90s-era look over the top.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.