TGI-Almost Friday, all! From a flawless model’s refreshing realness to Beyoncé, Beyoncé and more Beyoncé, check out this morning’s six trending news stories below.
1. Look, of COURSE Chrissy Teigen is rich and famous and a freak-of-natureishly flawless model, but we’ve always loved her “realness,” and post-pregnancy, it’s only gotten better. She’s been honest about the things that have happened to her body after having her little girl Luna, and did not GAF when people seemed to be surprised that she was photographed out for dinner sans baby recently with husband John Legend (in a sheer top no less!). In a new Snapchat, she continues to bring the realness with a makeup-free selfie captioned “Goodbye pregnancy glow. Hi itchy red spots.” And while I would take her skin on a bad day over my own any day, it’s refreshing to see her continue to be genuine and to normalize things that are so often a mystery and so often very hard for women. We love you Chrissy!
2. Beyonce brought two fans on stage to do the “Single Ladies” dance and they were shockingly amazing. Bey’s Formation tour kicked off in Miami last night, and if you’re planning on going to any of the upcoming dates, you’d better get your moves locked down — Bey brought two fans from the crowd on stage for “Single Ladies,” and they were so good that even Bey had to stand back and watch and smile. *Thinks about her own interpretation of this dance* They must be plants! No one is that good!
3. Amy Schumer wins the daughter of the year award for this one. Amy shared an absolutely adorable video on Twitter of her and her dad FACETIMING WITH GOLDIE HAWN. “You’re the love of his life,” Schumer tells Hawn, before encouraging her dad to be honest and tell her himself. “You can tell her.” “You’re the love of my life. In real life,” Schumer’s father shyly says, to which Goldie responds, “I am??” And then we died of cute.
4. Channing Tatum’s new movie is going to be a total tearjerker. It’s no secret that Channing Tatum is a devoted family man, so we weren’t surprised to hear that the 2011 New York Times bestseller Two Kisses for Maddy: A Memoir of Loss and Love, about one man’s story of losing his wife right after childbirth and being a single parent, resonated so much with him. Channing has signed on to executive produce and maybe star in the movie, which the memoirist Matt Logelin is taken aback by. “I’d of course be beyond flattered if the movie ever gets made and if he’d even consider taking on the role of me,” he told Us Weekly. “We haven’t met yet, but if this moves forward, I’m hoping that we’ll be hanging out a lot, and if we do, I’m sure we’ll become fast friends.” (h/t Us Weekly, Photo via Stuart C. Wilson/Getty)
5. This goat has no time for this toddler. None. Don’t be this goat! Have patience! Especially with cute toddlers who don’t know how to do anything!
6. Quote of the day: “I wanna dedicate this to my beautiful husband. I love you so much,” — Beyonce, before ending the opening night of her Formation tour with “Halo.” (via @emilymarieblake)
Will you be going to any dates on the Formation tour? Let us know at @BritandCo!