Christine Andrew’s Pinch-Proof Picks for St. Patrick’s Day Style
There’s only one holiday that puts you at risk from over-excited (and, perhaps, over-served) pinchers — St. Patrick’s Day. So with March 17 right around the corner Christine Andrew, founder of Hello Fashion and ILY Couture, is sharing some major outfit inspiration to tie green into your St. Patrick’s Day look. Whether you can’t get enough of green or tend to gravitate more toward neutrals, here are five strategies for outfits for the office, lounging at home, or date night.
1. Pay attention to details. “Add a bright green, graphic detail to a classic ensemble,” Andrew tells Brit + Co. “I designed this hoodie and am obsessed with the back detail! Wear it with jeans and sneakers during the day or with a bodysuit and pumps to transition it for a fun night out.”
2. Neutralize the greens for a work-appropriate ensemble. “For an updated spin on festive dressing that’s office-appropriate, stick to greens that have more neutral or softer tones,” she says. “Olive is a great versatile color that is subtle enough for work but is still fun for dinner or drinks post nine-to-five. I love this olive top paired with a satin jogger and a bomber to give the look more of an edge.”
3. Or add just a hint of green. “Even the most subtle hint of green can save you from over-zealous pinchers, so if green isn’t your thing, stick to simple accents. I swiped this satin belt from another coat I own to bring in a touch of green,” Andrew notes. “I love how it elevates a classic camel jacket. You can also add a silk neck scarf or statement bag in green for a St. Patrick’s Day spin on a clean, chic look.”
4. Swap predictable grays for green. “You can also incorporate green into your lounge look. These camo joggers are a not-so-in-your-face way to incorporate shades of green, without compromising your taste. Not to mention these wardrobe staples are still soft and cozy for a pulled-together look,” Andrews says.
5. Consider an accent piece. “Never underestimate the power of one great layer in green. You can throw it over even the simplest white top and black leggings and instantly pull your outfit into the perfect St. Patrick’s Day OOTD,” Andrew tells Brit + Co. “Dress it up with pumps for a fun night hitting the bar scene or dress it down with a baseball cap and sneakers for an easy, streetwear-inspired look.”
Misguided Khaki Satin Detail Double Tie-Front Duster ($63), Lush Side Slit Tank ($34), Forever 21 Faux Leather Moto Leggings ($28) Adidas “Stan Smith” Sneaker ($75), American Needle Washed Slouch Baseball Cap ($13)
For more style inspiration, check out Christine’s Instagram @HelloFashionBlog.
What are your favorite tricks for incorporating green into your St. Patrick’s Day attire? Tell us about it @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.