5 Style Staples You Should Always Pack for Fall Travel
My husband Cody and I recently traveled to Sun Valley for his annual family trip and were so happy to get away and spend some time with the family. Between ILY Couture, projects for Hello Fashion, and the kids, I always procrastinate packing (but part of me secretly loves it!). If you’re last-minute like me, then having a few go-to pieces is key, which is why I’ve made a list of five must-have staples to pack for your next getaway. And the best part is you already have most of these sitting in your closet!
1. Your Favorite Pair of Jeans: When you’re traveling, nothing beats being comfortable. I always look for super stretchy denim with a cropped hem since they work with sandals without bunching at the ankle and are great with over-the-knee boots. An oversized boyfriend is a comfortable option for traveling too.
2. A Graphic Sweatshirt: Always, always pack items with sleeves! Whether you get cold on the plane, tend to freeze in restaurants, or unexpected weather hits, you’ll never regret packing a good layer. I’m obsessed with this Rag & Bone NYC Sweatshirt ($195) and it is easy to see why. You can wear it front or backwards for two completely different looks. It’s super comfy and has a really great fit, so you can dress it up with tuxedo pants and heels or add jeans and slides for cozy travel style. The sweatshirt is a little oversized so you can order your usual size for the boyfriend fit. (Also comes in a London print.)
3. Scarves: A scarf is another piece that’s really versatile and can be worn in multiple ways. There are so many ways to incorporate them into your look, which is why they’re becoming a fast favorite! Worn as a headband or around your pony, tied at your ankle, as a bag accent, or around your neck, it’s such an easy way to bring more color or an interesting print into your ensemble.
4. Slides: I try to pack as much into one getaway as possible, so shoes that are easy to put on and slip off are a must (especially when it comes to airport security).
5. The perfect weekender bag: To pack all your essentials nab a beloved overnighter like this black on black Rag & Bone Flight Weekender ($995) — the black stripe is such a good detail!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.