14 Tips for DIYing a Coffee Bar at Home
Nothing ruins a caffeine break like running to your local coffee shop through the freezing rain. As the days grow shorter and temperatures start dropping, why not skip the outdoor excursion and make your own coffee bar? Here are 14 brilliant ideas for creating a little coffee corner that will keep you warm throughout winter.
1. Repurpose a Vintage Cart: The best way to use a vintage cart in your home is to turn it into a coffee/breakfast station. Place an espresso machine and white mug cups on the top shelf and add some Anthropologie ikat latte bowls and gold glassware to complete this dream coffee/breakfast station. (via Decor Pad)
2. Reclaimed Wood Coffee and Tea Shelf ($75): It doesn’t take much to make your own coffee corner, especially if you have this handmade wooden shelf, which displays your hanging mugs beautifully. Spell out C-O-F-F-E-E with these monogram mug cups. (via Del Hutson Designs)
5. String A Garland or Two: Short on space to devote to your coffee bar? A coffee corner is an easy way to repurpose a bare corner. Set an espresso machine in the corner and store your beans and mugs alongside it. Add a cheerful garland, and you’ll have the cutest cafe. (via Jenna Antonelli)
7. Black & White Decor: What could be more chic than a black and white design theme? Decorate your coffee bar with a few black and white printed photos and fun shapes made out of black tape. (via SF Girl By Bay)
9. Espresso Cup Gallery: This is South African architect Lari Levy’s coffee bar, or should we say, espresso cup gallery. If you have this many unique espresso cups to show off, installing shelving above your coffee bar is a must. (via Poppytalk)
10. Chalkboard Wall: Don’t you love the chalkboard wall on this coffee/breakfast bar? We think the wooden shelves add a great rustic accent. Have your French press and chemex ready and you’ll be sure to impress all your coffee geek friends. (via Thrifty Decor Chic)
Are you ready to DIY your own coffee bar this winter? Tell us about it in the comments!