Rain, Rain (Don’t) Go Away: 15 Bright Umbrellas
There’s an old saying that goes, “The day you forget your umbrella is the day it rains… ” or something like that. However it goes, these umbrellas are so adorable that you would never forget to bring any one of them along with you. And when you’re sporting one of these ‘ellas, you’ll be wishing, hoping and praying that it rains every loving day long.
1. Red Cut Out Lips Kensington Umbrella ($55): This Lulu Guinness original adds a little sass to any rainy-day wardrobe, and you can get a good look at those gray clouds through the lip-shaped windows.
2. Color Changing Umbrella ($35): The raindrops on this umbrella are printed with a special ink that’s white when it’s dry. Once it gets wet, the raindrops come to life in a rainbow of color.
3. French Bulldog Umbrella ($30): Show the world how much you love your Frenchie! Even if you’re not a Frenchie parent, there’s no denying their cuteness.
4. Walking Stick Umbrella ($154): Inspired by Islamic geometric art, this umbrella is not only stylish, but high-brow to boot. Take a little art with you on those rainy days.
5. Starlet Umbrella ($30): If you have a habit of twirling your umbrella over your should, you might want to be careful with this one. You might hypnotize the people walking behind you.
6. Cumulus Cutie Umbrella ($30): Reminisce about the days when your skies were filled with white, fluffy cumulus clouds with this umbrella. If you only look straight up, you might even forget that the gray skies.
7. Red Anchor Umbrella ($18): Show off your love for the city known for its fog and clouds. When you carry this umbrella, not only will it be easy to find you in a crowd, but everyone will know the city you love most.
8. Lady Bug Umbrella ($39): Not only is this umbrella cute enough to make anyone smile on a rainy day, but it also has a built-in windproof mechanism, so there won’t be anything getting you down.
9. Doodle Print Umbrella ($40): Remember when the sky was blue? Add a little color to your day with this fashion-forward umbrella embellished with doodles by Marc Jacobs.
10. Goggles Umbrella ($56): Keep your whole head dry and see where you’re going with this inventive umbrella. Who knows, it might even inspire your own How I Met Your Mother story.
11. Pieni Unikko Umbrella ($69): Marimekko is famous for flower prints, and what better way to show them off than over your shoulder. Brighten up your day and everyone else’s when you carry this umbrella.
12. Grasshopper Umbrella ($39): Who says it needs to be raining to show off an adorable umbrella? Protect yourself on the sunniest of days with this umbrella made of nylon with ultraviolet protection.
13. Color Wheel Stick Umbrella ($40): If you still manage to have this umbrella open when the rain’s over, don’t be surprised if you hear someone say, “Dude, it’s a double rainbow!” No one ever said the rainbow had to be in the sky to count.
14. Panda-monium Umbrella ($17): Bao Bao, is that you? Carry an umbrella that gives even the cutest, most famous baby panda a run for his adorableness.
15. Rain Check Umbrella ($38): Those clear bubble umbrellas are genius. But even more genius is posting a message on one that shows everyone your true feelings about the day. We don’t blame you; we’d need a rain check, too.
Got a favorite umbrella we’ve got to see? Show us in the comments below! Or even better, tell us how you manage to remember it…
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)