17 Colorful Office Supplies to Brighten Up Your Desk
By now, we’ve all heard that back-to-school season is upon us. But if you’re not a student, a teacher, or a mom with little ones hitting the halls over the next few weeks, it might seem like a topic of convo that you can easily tune out. Not so fast. This time of year also brings some universal goodness we can all enjoy: major deals and awesome back-to-school supplies chic enough for adults too. We’ve rounded up our favorite colorful back-to-school essentials cute enough to take to your office and brighten up your space. Happy shopping.
1. Nordstrom Over the Rainbow 13-Inch Laptop Sleeve ($40): Sometimes we forget how important laptops are. They are the home to our favorite tools like the internet, our photo library, and our folder of saved celebrity hairspiration. Instead of dumping your laptop in a bag, give it a pad of rainbow protection to preserve its magic.
2. Kohl’s Home Alarm Clock Radio ($60): When your school, work, or side hustle leads to a life of late nights and early mornings, your alarm clock becomes your most dependable friend. And when an alarm clock enables you to wake up on time, jam to your power playlist, and talk to your mom on speaker phone — you become an unstoppable force.
3.Net-A-Porter Striped Notebooks ($35, set of three): We all know that sometimes when you’re in a rut at work, it’s best to step away from the screen and put pen to paper. This notebook set will add a small moment of beauty to your day of getting it all done. Plus, the marble, pink, and gold palettes will add a pop of color to even the dullest of desks.
4.Brit + Co Floral Planner ($15): Bright florals in a super fun pattern that you can’t help but smile when you see it? Yes, yes, and more yes. This adorable planner from our Target collection will not only keep your days straight, but the to-do lists, activity pages, and blank pages will make sure your next creative outlet is just page flip away.
5. ASOS Mi-Pac Champagne ($16): This high-shine organizer provides a glittery home for little items that make your day super productive. Tuck away pens, pencils, scissors, or other knickknacks and protect other items in your bag from ink spills or poking holes.
6. Urban Outfitters Magic Panda USB Mini Humidifier ($20): Need a desk buddy? Not only will this cute panda keep you company in the dark hours of the night before a deadline, but it also will keep you looking good while you do it! Magic Panda is a great hack to cold weather skincare.
7. Nordstrom Trace Desk Organizer ($25): Your desk is a vehicle to your productivity — make sure to keep it as organized as your notes! This copper desk organizer will keep all your tools in place so you can avoid paperclips squeezing into the nooks and crannies of your office.
8. Rejuvenation JAX Task Lamp ($399): We know the amount of damage a tangle of cords can do, especially when you’re rushing to get somewhere on time and you can’t find your phone charger. This useful desk tool is gorgeous, and it also provides outlets and USB ports to create a priceless amount of plug-in peace of mind.
9. Rifle Paper Co. Floral Notebooks ($15, set of three): We all strive for beautiful, perfect handwriting. But once in a while handwriting can get a little messy. No worries! This set of notebooks will provide a touch of beauty in your notes of chaos.
10. Nordstrom Quit Stressin’ Meowt iPhone Case ($35): You’ve got this. And when it feels like you don’t, this cute iPhone case is a sweet reminder that a kitty is out there ready to cuddle your stress away right meow. This case promises a military-tested design that will keep your phone protected from those accidental drops it might endure on a stressful day.
11. Herschel Anchor iPad Sleeve ($30): Whether you’re traveling a few blocks or miles, or completely jumping from state to state, it’s important to keep your essential tools safe in transit. This Herschel iPad case has padding and great design.
12. Kate Spade Pencil Pouch ($30): When it’s time for a creative break away from your desk, pack your doodle tools and bring them with you to school, work, or the park. This pencil pouch keeps all your coloring or writing utensils zipped up in a chic accessory that’s cute enough to leave out on your desk.
13. Yoobi Spiral Notebook ($4): This classic notebook still has everything you loved about it as a kid. Store your pen in the spiral binding, protect your notes with water-proof covers, and easily tear out pages to pass notes to a friend, neighbor, or teammate.
14. Typo Jumbo Gel Pack ($25): Ballpoint pens are so boring. Take it back to when you were the student passing notes in class and add these gel pens to your pencil holder at the office. Each pack comes with 24 different colors, meaning your meeting notes will never be the same.
15. Typo “Why I Like Sloths Better Than People” Pencil Case ($10): Open your desk drawer. See all those things: flash drives, pens, pencils, bobby pins, etc. without a home? So do we. Pick up this super flashy and extra sassy pencil case and be sure you’re on point 24/7.
16. Typo Varsity Laptop Case ($30): Let’s bask in all of the fashion-forward, totally adorable options they have for keeping kids’ tech safe. Like this little aqua number from Typo, which will hold your laptop and leave plenty of space up front for extra storage.
17.Laine Avenue Crossbody Convertible ($78): These super stylish backpacks created by a mom-and-daughter duo are every bit form and function as they are fashion. Each backpack features a quick-change zipper flap that allows you to convert your bag into 24 different looks to match every unique style and personality. And even better? The convertible backpack quick-change zipper flap also turns into a crossbody purse to go from the office to happy hour.
Heading out shopping? Be sure to tag us in your back-to-school hauls @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.