26 Adult Back-to-School Supplies That Are Chic AF
With fall only days away, back-to-school shopping starts now! If you’re all about making that killer first impression with a fresh set of chic gadgets and school (or office) supplies, have we got the goods for you! This year, take your school tools to the next level with bright colors, pops of metallic, and radiant prints and patterns. And no, these back-to-school supplies aren’t just for kids. Scroll on for 26 super chic back-to-school supplies that prove that even adults can get in on the BTS fun.
1. ban.do Compliment Pencils ($10, pack of 10): Revamp the ordinary number two pencil with this bright and colorful set of pencils. You’ll always look sharp and feel sharp, thanks to this cheery set of encouraging pencils.
2. S’well Lily Wood Bottle ($35): Stay hydrated no matter what you’re doing in school. Whether you’re working out at the gym or sitting in class, gulp H20 goodness using the stylish Lily Wood water bottle.
3. Anthropologie Metallic Idiom Pencil Case ($24): Choose between gold or rose gold metallic pouches for a classy way to store your favorite pens and pencils. The pencil case’s metallic shine makes this one modern-chic backpack essential.
4. Rifle Paper Co. Pencil Sets ($14, set of 12): You won’t want to lend out your pencils when they look this good. Featuring four different patterns and prints, this modernist pencil set will have you jotting down notes in undeniable style.
5. Brit + Co Planner ($15): Whether you’re sculpting out time for your side hustle or enriching your daily routine with classes and art projects, this planner is equipped for the busiest of makers. Use the planner’s doodle pages to flex those creative muscles during a quick brain break activity!
6. Paper Source Geode File Folders ($15, set of six): Avoid desktop clutter with this organizing tool. These gorgeous file folders will help you sort and store your most important documents while adding color to your workspace decor.
7. Poketo Colorblock Gel Pen ($4, sold separately): Choose from five classic colorblock designs for one fab writing utensil. Though sold separately, they’re so fun you might want one for every day of the week.
8. Poketo Zip Pencil Pouch ($24): This sleek and simple pencil pouch is the ideal case for minimalists. It’s sleek design in vegan leather will tell others you’re ready to be an academically and environmentally responsible adult.
9. ban.do Back Me Up! Mobile Charger ($35): Charge multiple devices on the go with this trusty power bank. You won’t ever have to worry about a dead or dying battery with the help of this power bank’s USB output and impressive charging power. Just charge on the go and keep Snapchattin’!
10. Poppin Medium Metallic Journal ($11): Classy and elegant, this metallic finished journal is the stationery must-have come fall. Its modern gleam of copper will tie right into your autumn-inspired arsenal of back-to-school goodies.
11. White Marble Keyboard Cover ($7+): Instantly update your laptop with this undeniably elegant, marble-inspired keyboard cover. Aside from its stylish exterior, it might even protect your keys from an accidental drink spill.
12. Who Run the Office? Desk Plaque ($29): Embrace Beyoncé’s boss attitude when tackling your studies or workload this season. Elevate your desk with this inspirational desk plaque and keep on schoolin’ life.
13. USB Tassel Keychain ($9): Powerpoints and group projects will be a cinch with this USB tassel keychain. Though functional, its faux leather tassel design turns this mundane school tool into a fashionable bag accessory.
14. Anthropologie Gold Wire Pencil Cup ($14): Spruce up your workspace with this stylish desktop accessory. Like its imprinted set of wise words say: Tidiness is key to a tidy mind.
15. Gold Desktop To-Do Board ($15): Write down important reminders or scribble notes to your roommates on this gilded dry erase board. It’s even small enough to add to your desk or kitchen counter or so you and your friends won’t miss it.
16. Poketo Minimalist Folio Medium ($48): Store your go-to class essentials in this minimalist pouch. Ideal for class and work, this chic folio will make it easy to juggle both effortlessly.
17. ban.do Hot Stuff Thermal Mug ($18): Take your morning cup of joe to go with this thermal mug featuring stylish gold lettering. Its design is every bit as cool and collected as you *wish* to be on the first day of school.
18. Kate Spade New York Keep It Together Acrylic Stapler ($28): Boring school supplies are a thing of the past with this fancy stapler. You can breathe new life into this everyday item with an acrylic and gold design.
19. Nation Union Marble Apple Watch Charging Dock ($119): Charge your Apple Watch with this sleek charging dock. The marble design will give your nightstand a touch of luxe.
20. Brydge iPad Air Keyboard Cover ($129): This beautifully crafted gold keyboard cover is honed from solid aluminum. Though sturdy, it promises not to hinder any of your laptop’s functions.
21. Believe Marble Mini Journal ($12): Whether you’re writing down notes or your feelings, this pretty lil’ marble journal is where to do it. It includes a burst of positivity on the front cover for the moments it feels like your to do list will never end.
22. Kate Spade Strike Gold Desk Tray ($38): Your desk will have never felt so luxe with this gold desk tray sitting on top of it. Its mix of clear acrylic and gold accents turns your organized notes into a stylish statement.
23. The Primary Essentials Hay Brass Scissors ($13): Don’t settle for flimsy plastic scissors. This pair of stainless steel scissors is equal parts practical and beautiful — making it a must-have on your list of back-to-school supplies.
24. Rose Gold Smartphone/Tablet Dock ($20): This chic metal pedestal will literally *elevate* your charging routine. Its forward-thinking design makes hands-free calls, eye-level FaceTime, and even playing music without blocked ports convenient.
25. The Primary Essentials Shiba Dog D-Clips ($6): Whether you’re filling out housing applications, gathering your bills, or turning in your thesis on owners’ likeness to their dogs, this box of paperclips will serve as your best organizational friend.
26. Casetify iPhone Case ($40): Get ready to take class head on with this adorable phone case featuring a school-inspired print. Plus, it’s as durable as it is decorative, thanks to its impact-resistant outer shell.
Which of these chic back to school goodies will you pick up? Follow us on Pinterest for more exciting must-have products!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.