Colorful Tres Leches Cake
Try out this colorful Disney • Pixar’s Coco inspired Tres Leches Cake! We were inspired by vibrant colors in the movie, so we incorporated them into the bold striped frosting technique. You can transform this traditional recipe into something new for younger generations in the family by simply amping up the color, and getting a little creative with the fruit toppings!
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cold water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Tres Leches Sauce:
1 can condensed milk
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup canned cream of coconut
1 tbsp vanilla
3/4 cup whipping cream
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1 cup flaked, roasted coconut
- Heat up the oven to 350º
- In a large bowl beat eggs until frothy.
- Add vanilla, water, and sugar, continue to stir.
- Gradually add in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Bake for 20 mins.
- Once it’s cooled, use a fork to put holes in the cake.
- Pour over the Tres Leches sauce.
- Cover and chill for 2 hrs.
- Whip powdered sugar and heavy cream to make frosting, divide, and add food coloring.
- Frost on lines, and use a frosting scraper to smooth the colors into each other a bit.
- Garnish with fruit, and roasted coconut!
Enjoy. Let us know if you and your family try this activity next movie night! We love hearing all about your DIYs.