12 Colorful Workout Essentials That Put Your Old Yoga Pants to Shame
It’s never too late to make this year your most active one yet. Single-digit temperatures aside, getting motivated enough to actually set foot in the gym is easier said than done. (An early-morning trek through the cold and slippery elements? Thanks, but no thanks.) That’s where these 12 next-level workout essentials come in. Whether you’re looking to sport an athleisure look beyond the yoga studio or are so over the same old, frumpy pair of sweats, there’s no shortage of sartorially approved options to go around. Think: an extra-shiny pair of running shorts or leopard print sneaks that deserve to be front and center. Read on to see what we found.
1. Montreal London Performance Airstream Striped Mesh Top ($210): When sporty meets preppy, this colorful, striped mesh top is the result. Practice your backswing at the courts for some much-needed cardio before meeting your BFF for brunch at the country club. White sneaks are obligatory.
3. ADAY Short but Shiny Shorts ($65): It’s official: You will straight-up slay while parading these super shiny shorts around the track and field. Besides the hidden pockets (!), the extra-short length will put your toned gams on display. Team these luxe shorts with a racerback top for your run and an oversized hoodie for a more relaxed vibe.
4. Rebecca Minkoff Tippi Bra ($78): End-of-day SoulCycle sesh, here we come! Whether you’re attending your spinning class, practicing pilates or hitting the dance floor, this flowy bra is made to get you movin’.
6. T by Alexander Wang Perforated Short-Sleeve Tee ($185): Take the street-chic scene by storm with this minimalist white tee featuring breathable cutouts allover. Pair with black Adidas kicks and a baseball cap for a downtown look that doesn’t mess around. For a night of bar hopping, style it alongside a leather mini and platform heels.
7. Koral Activewear Shiny Metallic Active Legging ($94): Add some pep to your step with these metallic blue leggings that are downright fierce (and waterproof). No matter the elements, these babies are practically made to conquer spontaneous downpours, snow, sleet — you name it — during your morning commute or run.
8. Zobha Janet Strappy Fitted Unitard Leggings ($99): Enter the lazy-girl way to appear pulled-together with little to no effort. Throw your hair into a high ponytail and get ready to strike a pose in this strappy unitard with a rad, look-at-me scooped back. Make it after-hours approved by slipping on a faux fur coat or a smoking blazer.
9. ChiChi Active Selma Moto Jacket ($184): This black moto jacket is *the* little-bit-edgy and foolproof layering piece that you’ve been waiting for. Because black goes with everything, you’ll never have to give this topper a second thought when getting dressed in the morning.
10. Outdoor Voices 3-Piece Kit in Gray ($200): This streamlined, three-piece set won’t fail to meet your minimalist expectations. Simply throw on the hoodie, crop top and warm-up leggings and go.
12. Without Walls Logo Legging ($79): Pesky squats and planks are — dare we say it — more bearable when you have the right leggings to work with. This form-fitting pair, adorned with an eye-catching neon stripe, is serious #goals for both amateur and skilled fitness gurus alike.