17 Pieces That Prove Date Night Clothing CAN Be Comfy
Finding the perfect date night outfit can be a real a struggle. That giant “no” pile in the corner of your room can probably tell you that. A skirt? Jeans? A super tight bodycon dress? It can easily turn into an all-day try-on session. When finding the Beyoncé of date night outfits, we have one major requirement: make sure you’re comfortable. We don’t mean you should pull out those ratty old sweatpants, but we do think you should choose an outfit that doesn’t leave you tugging and readjusting all night. Because when your date goes to tell you just how much they like you, you don’t want to be distracted by how terribly tight your pants are, right? So, for your next romantic outing, opt for one of these 17 pieces, which will leave you both looking and feeling like the superstar you are.
1. Lou and Grey Static Dress ($60): For those nights that are still a little chilly, pop on this rayon and cotton textured dress with a denim jacket for a look that’s just the right amount of formal and casual.
2. Empire Waist Cross Back Dress ($64): Simple, sexy and made entirely of rayon, this opened-back number is an all-around winner.
3. Blake Gown ($198): Dress up this maxi for a fancy evening occasion like the ballet, or tone it down for a weeknight dinner. Either way, it’s cut from fluid jersey and will hug those curves in all the right places ;)
4. Slim Trouser ($98): Trousers on a date? Why not? If it’s one of those days when you’re heading to meet up with someone straight from work, pop on a flirty blouse and trade those loafers for some heels and you’re set.
5. Pretty Utility Jumpsuit ($98): Soften up those utilitarian vibes in this dewy shade of pink.
6. Everlane Cashmere Crew ($128): This isn’t just a great date night option, but a general must-have for you closet. When the nights get a little chilly, pair this cashmere sweater with a fun collared top or over a flirty dress.
7. Floral Trousers ($24): Get a little bit of printed fun up in this date. If you take on the persona of Hugh Hefner in these silky pants, that may not be such a bad thing.
8. Full Midi Skirt ($79): Going dancing? This voluminous pale pink skirt is going to straight-up stun. They might as well start calling you Baby now.
9. Space Dye Ballet Wrap Top ($38): Pair this crop top with a flowy midi skirt and some chunky heels and you’ve got date night perfection.
10. Honey Punch Knot-Front Tee Dress ($49): Just because you’re going cozy doesn’t mean you can’t show some skin. For a little bit of added sex appeal, pop on this t-shirt dress that opens up in the front.
11. Crepe Cigarette Pant ($): If those black trousers are a little too basic for you, jazz it up a bit in this slim and soft pair.
12. Silk Overlay Cami Dress ($148): It’s not the cheapest option, but this minimal dress can go from the beach to a fancy dinner with only a few simple changes. We’re guessing it’ll stay in your closet for a long, long time.
13. Lou and Grey Duo Skirt ($40): A sweatshirt skirt never looked so good.
14. Marigold Shirt Dress ($160): Add a little bit of floral fun to your night in this springy shirt dress. If you’re going for a filling dinner, this will definitely keep that food baby nicely hidden.
15. Pink Clove Printed T-shirt Shift Dress ($36): Ditch your basic t-shirt dress for this fun printed version with a swinging ’60s vibe.
16. Habotai Silk Long Sleeve ($85): Radiate some of those cool French-girl vibes in this relaxed silk button down. Pair this with skinny jeans and heels or a flirty skirt and flats. To be honest, it doesn’t really matter. This top will go with anything.
17. Draped Bouquet Dress ($298): Spring, here you come. This soft, curve-hugging dress is part of the collaboration between Rifle Paper Co. and Lauren Conrad’s apparel line, Paper Crown. Our advice: get it before it’s gone.
What’s your go-to date night outfit? Share with us in the comments below.