15 Winter DIYs to Create When It’s Too Cold to Go Outside
Baby, it’s getting cold outside! It’s getting to be that perfect time of year for snuggling up by a fireplace and drinking hot cocoa (spiked or not… that’s really your call). We’ve partnered with Jo-Ann to help you stay busy this winter with 15 of the coziest DIYs that will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy from the inside out. Jo-Ann is super awesome — it has everything from inspirational projects to supplies for all of our crafting needs. And in this post, you can find both!
1. DIY Hand Warmers: If you do have to emerge from your cozy home, keep your hands toasty with these totally adorable DIY hand warmers. Sew a couple to spare for your friends and family. All you need is some fabric, rice, embroidery floss, stamps and fabric paint to keep you warm all winter long.
2. Arm Knit Scarf: Put your limbs to use and knit together this chunky, cozy scarf. Find the softest yarn in your favorite color (or two) and be ready to brave any storm that comes your way this season.
3. Tasseled Fleece Blanket: Fight cabin fever with this super easy tasseled fleece blanket DIY. The hardest part will be picking out your favorite yarn to use. This blanket is perfect for snuggling under while drinking cocoa, curling up with your favorite book or crafting your heart away with these cozy DIYs.
4. Crochet Online Class: Use this time to sharpen your skills with some online learning. This class can be done from the couch and in your pjs. And get hooked up on all of your yarn needs at Jo-Ann. #iamcreative
5. DIY Clay Candles: Be prepared for when a storm hits by making some of your own candles with simple materials, like air dry clay, candle wax and wooden wick. They’re great for bringing some mood lighting and warmth when you’re looking to get your chill on.
6. Geo Box Gift Wrap: Use the extended time indoors to get a jump-start on the holidays with these modern geometric gift boxes made from colorful cardstock. Fill them with baubles, bits and other fun things.
8. Ombre Snowflake Cookies: Baking in the winter adds much-needed warmth to your house, making a great alternative to a space heater. Time to stock up on some food crafting supplies, get your hands dirty and start baking.
9. Bath Bombs: Take a nice soak this season and heal those achy joints with these DIY bath bombs. They’re just what the doctor ordered to soothe those winter chills. Make them in your favorite color and get some playful twine to match for a nice holiday gift.
10. DIY Tea Blends: Stay well and warm by making custom tea blends and spruce up the tea tags with some fun, seasonal stamps. You can make a set and hand them off to wish a healthy season for your friends and loved ones.
11. Happy Holidays Dyed Trees and Banner: Use this time to deck the halls with this cute banner from Jo-Ann’s project inspiration section. Bring some new shine to your holidays with these colorful trees too!
12. Winter First Aid Kits: When your homesickness hits you real hard, send some love with this DIY winter first aid kit. Add a cute washi tape cross to a plain box and fill with goodies to your heart’s content, and spread some love this season.
13. Latch Hook Online Class: Craft a mini wall tapestry with this throwback textile class. Latch hook a design of your own to bring some color and life to your winter blues. Not sure where to score your supplies? Jo-Ann has got you covered!
14. DIY Fort: The seasonal elements might prevent you from going outside, so take some time to turn your home into a magical fort with some string lights. Invite your friends over or snuggle up with a loved one and queue up that movie marathon.
15. Yarn Advent Wall Hanging: Start your holiday countdown with this super trendy yarn Advent wall hanging found on Jo-Ann’s Inspiration Projects. Pick colors that complement your decor and you can extend its use beyond the holidays.
How will you stay extra cozy this winter season? Share your projects with us on Instagram and don’t forget to add #iamcreative.