Fall may not officially be here yet, but it’s September, schools are back in session, and the temps have finally begun to cool off. So, if you haven’t already been dressing the part the last couple of weeks, you should (at the very least) get your shopping on and prep for the upcoming season. Not sure where to start? We’re here to help. From velvet to suede, wine to navy, here are the crossbody bags you need for an effortless, hands-free look busy girls on the go will love.
1. Kendall + Kylie Lucy Calf Hair Crossbody Bag ($275): Leopard is totally a neutral (but you knew that). The chain-link strap on this bag gives it just the right amount of edge, while the calf-hair texture is beyond luxe.
2. Zara Bucket Bag Convertible in Backpack ($40): Bet on first glance you thought this would be pricey, huh. Nope, Zara FTW with its only-looks-expensive pieces — i.e.: this bucket bag, a trendy silhouette still making waves this season.
3. Forever 21 Faux Leather Ring Crossbody Bag ($20): Talk about bang for your buck. Break out the strap and carry this across your shoulder or go super-feminine by wearing the two-in-one style as a bracelet bag.
4. Loeffler Randall Lock Leather and Shearling Shoulder Bag ($495): Shades of pink (from millennial to blush) are still kicking strong! For a double dose of chic, snag a crossbody in the popular hue with a little shearling detail — another big trend we can’t get enough of.
5. Madewell Passenger Crossbody Tote ($158): No, this isn’t your average carryall. Instead, Madewell has designed a structured, boxy style with gold hardware and a tassel closure in the perfect shade of navy. It’s basically begging to be your daily go-to.
6. Rebecca Minkoff Midnighter Large Messenger ($345): If sleek accessories are your thing, look no further. This update on the classic is not just cool but will lend a polished touch to anyone’s signature style. It has it all: a soft matte finish, grommets, and must-have studs.
7. Cuero & Mor Perla Chain Bag ($575): Keep everything else simple so this statement-making bucket bag remains the focal point. The pop of color and zip-around opening are clear conversation starters, so let it stand on its own.
8. Mango Chain Bead Bag ($70): Hello, new going-out bag! Between the velvet and beading detail, this is sure to end up in regular rotation for your next GNO or dinner date. Put it on display when not in use — it’s that pretty.
9. Marvais Culotte Belt Bag ($595): Okay, technically this is a belt bag, but hear us out. While it can be converted to a crossbody, go the extra high-fashion mile and wear this updated fanny pack around your waist for major, major cool points.
10. From St. Xavier Silva Clutch ($108): This Australian-based label handmakes their pieces with such ornate detail, it’s actually like wearing a work of art. And ladies, if you didn’t think you needed a gold metal saddlebag, you do now! This baby can dress up your basic of tees or add a special touch to your night-out threads.
11. Marc Jacobs Hot Shot Mini Bag ($275): Alright, so this isn’t exactly the tote to hold the entire kitchen sink, but sometimes fashion trumps function, and this Marc Jacobs crossbody is too chic to argue with. Toss in the essentials and off you go.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.