15 Cool as a Cucumber Recipes That Refresh and Hydrate
Nothing says fresh, crisp, clean and hydrating like cucumber anything. They cure puffy eyes and are filled with important antioxidants that help keep skin looking fresh and our immune system strong. But you can do more with them than rub them all over your face and garnish your cocktails with them. You can eat them! Here are 15 ways to add more cukes to your life.
1. Pineapple Cucumber Gazpacho: There is nothing that has ever looked so refreshing to eat in the history of food blogs than this twist on classic tomato-based gazpacho. All we need now is a sundress and a floppy hat. (via Galubka)
2. Cucumber Mint Noodles With Ginger Dressing: This is a genius alternative to heavy pasta. From the cucumber noodles to the combination of ginger and mint, this is the light, crisp and satisfying dish you’ve been looking for. (via: Tales of a Kitchen)
4. Refrigerator Pickles: No cucumber list could be complete without a pickle recipe. Dill pickles are totally doable in your own kitchen. Once you make your first batch, you will be hooked and most importantly, your friends will be totally impressed. (via Diary of a Health Nut)
5. Cold Avocado Cucumber Soup: Serve this at your next brunch and watch your pals swoon. Creamy, light and totally flavorful from all of the fresh herbs, this one’s a keeper. (via Green Kitchen Stories)
6. Avocado Cucumber Quinoa Rolls: Seaweed, quinoa and cucumbers all wrapped up together, this is a clean food party not to miss! The crunch of the cucumbers goes perfectly with the soft avocado and the grainy quinoa. (via The Smart Cookie)
7. Stewed Lentils With Yogurt and Cucumber: Cucumbers can be the star of the show, or they can be the perfect complement to a dish, like in this recipe where they play second fiddle to the spices, including cumin, turmeric and ginger. (via Messy Kitchen Stories)
8. Avocado Cucumber Salad With Carrot Sesame Dressing: Avocados and cucumbers are quite the pair. The creamy nature of avocados paired with the crispiness of cucumbers brings perfect balance to this plate. Throw carrot sesame dressing in the mix and you’ve reached the pinnacle of perfection. (via The Scrumptious Pumpkin)
9. Fresh Cucumbers With Sesame Sauce: Cool enough to grow your own cukes? This one’s for you! And if you’ve got a big crop this year, don’t fret. This salad can keep in the fridge for up to three weeks. (via Gobo Root)
10. Cucumber Hummus Avocado Toast: This proves our theory about cucumbers and avocados. Not only is this a super healthy snack, it is insanely easy to make and totally satisfying to eat. (via Kitchen Treaty)
15. Crunchy Creamy Cucumber Avocado Salad: We leave you with one more avo/cuke combo. This one is complemented with fresh lime and mint. Your guests will be asking for the recipe, we practically guarantee it. (via Food52)
We want to know your favorite. Tell us in the comments below!