Cuddle Up With These 10 Awesome Shows + Films This Weekend
There comes a time every year where we resign ourselves to the fact that summer is over and we’re going to be spending a whole lot more time indoors. This year, that time is this weekend. In order to make peace with the fact that it’s starting to get chilly (and it seems like every single person around has developed a cold), we’ve got a list of 10 classic shows and movies to make everything a little more comfortable this weekend. Boil a pot of tea, and maybe even eat some soup in bed. You may not be sick, but we’re all about the lazy weekend pamper.
LET’S GET POLITICAL
1. Saturday Night Live on Hulu: If everyday news is too depressing for you, catch up on your politics with the new season of SNL. If Alec Baldwin’s spot-on Donald Trump impression doesn’t convince you that this election season is rife with comical material, nothing will. (Photo via NBC)
2. Bowling for Columbine on Amazon: Michael Moore’s documentary about gun control in America still rings as poignantly as it did when it came out back in 2002. (Photo via United Artists)
3. Happy Gilmore on Amazon: Adam Sandler plays a wannabe hockey player who discovers that he’s more talented on the putting green than the ice. It’s classic Adam Sandler comedy for those who can’t get enough. (Photo via Universal Pictures)
4. Groundhog Day on Hulu: Bill Murray plays a weatherman who has to relive Groundhog Day (“the worst day of my life”) over and over and over again until he gets it right. It’s Murray at his best. Plus, literally smashing your alarm clock is something we can all relate to. (Photo via Columbia Pictures)
5. Breakfast at Tiffany’s on Netflix: IT’S BACK! IT’S BACK! IT’S BACK! If you’re anything like us, you’ve likely spent many hours curled under the covers, watching Breakfast at Tiffany’s in bed. It went away from Netflix for a little while, but it’s back just in time for cold and flu season. Brew some tea and get ready to curl up with this one for the billionth time. (Photo via Paramount Pictures)
6. Pride and Prejudice on Amazon: It is a truth universally acknowledged that if you watch Pride and Prejudice once, you’re going to watch it 100 more times. It’s now on Amazon and ready for you to see over and over and over (again). (Photo via Focus Features)
7. A Cinderella Story on Netflix: HILLARY DUFF AND CHAD MICHAEL MURRAY, YOU GUYS. C’MON. Nostalgia does not get any better than this. (Photo via Warner Bros.)
8. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days on Netflix: Life is good. One of our favorite rom-coms is now ready to stream. Relive the glory of Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey in a high-stakes NYC battle of the sexes. (Photo via Paramount Pictures)
YOUR NEW GIRL CRUSH
9. Before Sunrise on Amazon: We love, love, love Julie Delpy. One of our top French girl crushes, she started off in Before Sunrise with Ethan Hawke. The film grew into a trilogy over nearly 20 years (she became a writer on the last film!) that makes us feel all the feelings we never thought we could feel. All three flicks are now on Netflix and we HIGHLY recommend watching them all in a row. (Photo via Columbia Pictures)
10. The Mindy Project on Hulu: The Mindy Project is back for season five. The season premiere shows Mindy making a BIG choice in her love life, and we think our girl crush is growing with every episode. (Photo via Hulu)
Any other weekend plans? Let us know @BritandCo!