Here’s Your Guide to This Week’s Best TV Premieres
AAAAACK! SO MANY THINGS TO WATCH THIS WEEK! (Okay, we’ll take a minute to breathe and calm down before we fill you in on everything that’s new to stream.) Not only do we have a whole slew of shows coming back for new seasons, there’s also a batch of newbies hot and fresh out the kitchen to boot. So, without further ado, here’s everything you should add to your queue this weekend. We’ll see you on Monday!
1. Crisis in Six Scenes on Amazon: Woody Allen is back with a six-part, exclusive-to-Amazon series about the Vietnam War. In typical Woody fashion, it’s every bit as much about the insane characters who lived back then as the actual storyline, one of which is played by Miley Cyrus (!!!!). (Photo via Amazon)
2. Marvel’s Luke Cage on Netflix: If you’re a sucker for superhero shows, Netflix has your new obsession. This series about a hoodie-wearing crime fighter in Harlem (fans of Jessica Jones might recognize him as Jessica’s former paramour) is already getting lots of attention for those anti-hero vibes we just can’t seem to resist. (Photo via Netflix)
3. Speechless on Hulu: This new family show from ABC is already making waves for its casting of Micah Fowler, an actor with cerebral palsy. If nothing else, watch it in support of this ground-breaking advancement for actors with disabilities. (Photo via ABC)
BACK FOR MORE
4. Empire on Hulu: The all-new season of Empire just started, and we can’t wait to catch up with a weekend binge of this fan-favorite about the head of a hip-hop empire and his family. Oh, and if you’ve been regularly following along, PLEASE get in touch with any fan theories regarding the show’s weddings before viewing to make it that much sweeter. (Photo via FOX)
5. Madam Secretary on CBS: If you can’t seem to get enough election season coverage, there’s plenty more (fantasy world) to be found in the new season of Madam Secretary. And, of course, there’s more pantsuits and drama too. (Photo via CBS)
6. Shameless on Showtime: Growing up with an alcoholic father isn’t easy, and yet, Showtime somehow managed to turn this (fictional) tragic situation into a must-watch dramedy that won’t let you go. The seventh season just became available, which obviously means we’re cancelling all of our plans to watch it. (Photo via Showtime)
7. Transparent on Amazon: Season three of Amazon’s (arguably) most successful original show is out, and you can bet we’ll be streaming our way through it as rapidly as humanly possible. This season, the members of the Pfefferman family are going their separate ways on journeys of self-discovery that look as hysterical and heart-wrenching as ever. (Photo via Amazon)
8. How to Get Away With Murder on Hulu: It’s baaaaaaaaack: The all-new season of HTGAWM just landed, and we’re fighting every urge to sign up for law school just to suss out everyone’s sinister secrets. (Photo via ABC)
MODERN CLASSIC COMEDIES
9. Portlandia on Netflix: The dream of the ’90s is alive on Netflix (again). The streaming service just put up a new season of the cult sketch comedy favorite, meaning you’ve got a brand new excuse to ditch out on those less-than-stellar plans to stay in and binge! You’re welcome. (Photo via IFC)
Which show are you most excited to get your binge on to? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Photo via ABC)