You may still be recovering from a liquid brunch with mama for Mother’s Day, but it’s Monday, and that only means one thing: it’s time to hop back on the five-day work week roller coaster once again. To help you make it to Friday (when you can finally indulge in some aca-mazing Pitch Perfect 2 action) we’ve got a handful of things to keep your commute entertaining. From David Beckham to a Broad City + Friends mashup to a wedding-reporter-penned advice book and even a Shazam for discovering places, you’ll easily make it to Friday without batting an eye.
1. David Beckham on Instagram: The former soccer star and current H+M designer (and half of the hottest couple in the world) joined the photo sharing social media network at the beginning of the month. Since then he’s being sharing embarrassing dad moments, out-of-control attractive selfies with his wife and even snaps of his sleepy dog. We’re sure you’re already following him (he broke some impressive Instagram records!), and if you’re not, you are seriously missing out on major eye candy. Hit that follow button then scroll down to the bottom and work your way up ;)
2. Broad City + Friends Mashup: It’s as if The Rembrandts’ unforgettable Friends theme song was also made for gal pals Abbi and Ilana. Seriously, there’s nothing better than watching the funny ladies’ hijinks to the tune of “I’ll Be There For You” on repeat all day long. And that’s exactly what we’re planning on doing ;)
3. The Real Thing: Lessons on Love and Life from a Wedding Reporter’s Notebook by Ellen McCarthy (Available on Amazon, Barnes + NobleBooks-A-Million, iBooks, IndieBound + Powell’s): If you’re on the market for a book that will provide plenty of insight on love, finding a soulmate and so much more about relationships, look no further. This book from the Washington Post‘s wedding reporter is overflowing with wisdom for dating in the digital world, studies on commitment and testimonials from couples. This is the real thing when it comes to love (and maybe even life) advice.
4. Phind (Free on iOS): Fill your commuting time up with a little scavenger hunt using this discovery app. Like Shazam for locations, all you do is snap pictures of places you pass on the daily and have always been curious about to instantly uncover insider details about those buildings or landmarks. Want to learn more about that delicious-smelling restaurant you walk by near your office? Take a picture to reveal if it’s as five-star as it smells. This app should make city exploration simple.
5. Resume (Available on Chris Laxamania + iTunes): This podcast is all about discussions on getting to where you want to be in your career. Each episode, host Chris Laxamana invites guests (ex: Dr. Drew + Backstreet Boys’ A.J. McLean) to share stories and advice about their former jobs and the experiences (horrible, embarrassing + awesome) that led them to where they are today. Tune in for the insight and stay for hilarious (or depressing) tales of working for The Man.
Will you be using any of these to survive your commute this week? Let us know in the comments.
(Featured photo via Dave Kotinsky/Getty)