17 Ways to DIY Your Gift Wrapping Toppers
Wrapping presents in store-bought gift wrap and ready-made bows is *so* last year. This holiday season, kick your gifting game up a notch with DIY gift toppers. When your friends and family compliment your presentation, go ahead and tell them you DIYed the wrapping — just know that they may want tips for next year. Check out our 17 favorite gift wrapping toppers for some creative inspo, below.
2. Washi Tape + Ornaments: Only have white paper left? Spice it up with some washi tape. For added flair, tie a monochromatic ornament or slip a small twig from your Christmas tree under the ribbon. Your friends will be seriously impressed. (via Almost Makes Perfect)
5. Paper Snowflakes, Candy Canes + Cinnamon Sticks: Paper snowflakes aren’t just for decorating, just like how candy canes and cinnamon sticks aren’t just for your sweet tooth. Add them to your Christmas gift for A+ presentation. (via Confetti Sunshine)
8. Paper Origami Gift Topper: Get your origami on and make paper stars to add a little celestial presence to your presents this year. Use clothes pins to add the to/from tags. (via Il Castello Di Zucchero)
9. Christmas Tree + Washi Tape Gift Topper: Did you run out of ribbon? This DIY is more than a little genius: Snip a piece off your Christmas tree (sorry, tree!) and tape it onto the gift with decorative washi tape. (via Walk in Love)
10. Bunched Loops of Velcro: Guess what? This gift topper is made out of Velcro. Yep, you really can top off a gift with *anything* you have lying around the house. Get those creative juices flowing. (via Brit + Co)
12. Button-Tied Gift: You probably have a few extra buttons in your craft drawer, right? Right. Before tying the ribbon into a bow, string on a button or two to create this fun DIY. (via Craft and Creativity)
13. Pattern Holiday Gift Tags: This printable gift tag is a great option if you’re running low on time. No need to fuss with making the prettiest bow, because this printable does all the work for you. (via Eat Drink Chic)
15. Holiday Mail Stripes Gift Tags: Instead of topping off your presents with an extravagant DIY, let an oversized gift tag do all the work. This holiday mail printable is a great option. (via Eat Drink Chic)
17. Paper Pinwheel Toppers: These pinwheel toppers are so adorable that your friend might be afraid to dig into the present. Guess that means you are just that good at wrapping presents ;) (via Brit + Co)
How cute are these toppers? Follow us on Pinterest for more gift wrapping inspo.