Tired of topping off your perfectly wrapped present with a simple bow and boring gift tag? Us too. This year, we’re going for a more unique look that will stand out from under the tree. We’ve hunted down the most creative gift toppers, all of which are anything but ordinary — clothes pins, cookies and paper straws, oh my! Scroll on for a peek at some of our faves.
1. Clothespin Gift Toppers: How fun are these DIY clothespin toppers? Add a little glitter and a cute miniature tree or creature, and your present will be good to go. (via Creature Comforts)
2. Paper Toppers: Sometimes all it takes is a few extra sheets of scrapbook paper to make fun and unique gift toppers. Our personal fave? The mini tree, of course. (via The House That Lars Built)
3. Gingerbread Topper: Have your gift and eat it too. Well, maybe don’t actually eat your gift, but this gingerbread topper is totally edible. (via Eyes on the Details)
4. Paper Straws, Pom Poms and Honeycombs: This is the prettiest set of gifts we’ve ever seen. DIY these toppers using paper straws, yarn and a couple candy canes. Yep, it’s that easy. (via Country Living)
5. Gift Toppers That Pop: Want to learn how to make toppers that pop? Check out this video tutorial and you’ll become the ultimate gift wrapper in no time. (via Brit + Co)
6. Berry Gift Topper: Bring a touch of nature to your box using twigs and berries. Secure with hemp for an extra-natural look. (via Rue Rococo)
7. Glitter Letters and Polka Dots: For the girly girl in your life, add a glitter initial to the top of an already adorable package. Want to know a secret? Those polka dots were DIYed with wine corks. (via La Crema)
8. Paper Snowflakes: Remember when you learned how to make paper snowflakes in elementary school? Well it’s time to refresh your skillz, because they make the perfect finishing touch to your present. (via Giochi di Carta)
9. Pom Pom Toppers: You don’t always have to use traditional holiday colors to wrap a present. Go for a pastel style using mint and light pink pom poms. (via Style Stek)
10. Clay Tags: We’re loving the chic vibe of the gold wrapping paper with contrasting greenery. DIY clay gift tags to add a personalized touch. (via Vitamini Handmade)
11. Shrinky Dink Gift Tags: LOL. How fun are these gift tags? We’re pretty sure no one will pick up the wrong present when it has their face on it. (via And We Play)
12. Bon Bons and Fresh Greenery: Use an assortment of fresh-colored ribbons and stems to wrap presents as epic as these. We obviously have a sweet spot for the bon bon one. (via Oh Happy Day)
What’s your favorite unique way to top off your perfectly wrapped present? Let us know in the comments below.