Summer entertaining is all about casual get-togethers, hanging with friends and eating and drinking tasty treats. If you’re looking to take things up a notch, a printed tablecloth and set of napkins can instantly elevate your backyard party. Plus, they’ll make your kitchen table look downright chic, even when you’re snacking on leftovers. Scroll on for 11 fun ways to dress up your table with simple and genius designs.
1. Striped Tablecloth: Stripes are incredibly versatile, which means this DIY will look just as fantastic on a dining room table as it will on a picnic table for a backyard birthday party. (via Oh Happy Day!)
2. XOXO Printed Tablecloth: Share the love with this quirky XOXO printed tablecloth. Make it for yourself or give it as a housewarming gift. (via Walk In Love)
3. Apple Stamp Runner: Looking for a simple project with major design impact? We bet you’ve got all the materials you need sitting right in your fruit bowl. (via Design*Sponge)
4. Painted Floral Tablecloth: Eating dinner will feel like a romantic picnic in a field of flowers with this snazzy print on your dining room table. (via Oh Happy Day!)
5. Almost Makes Perfect Stamped Napkin Kit ($13): Colorful, stamped napkins that come in an easy-peasy kit? We love everything about it.
6. Ikat Tablecloth: If you’re about that all-pattern-everything lifestyle, then you’ll want to brighten up your home with this clever DIY. (via Little Green Notebook)
7. Scalloped Tablecloth: This scalloped tablecloth would be perfect for a summer baby shower or wedding shower. (via Sugar and Cloth)
8. Bunting Tablecloth: Every meal will feel like a party if you’ve got adorable bunting adorning your table. Just add flowers, and you’ve got an easy tablescape. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
9. Quick Confetti Dishtowel: Transform dish washing into a beloved activity with these adorable confetti towels. (via Makes and Takes)
10. Citrus Painted Tea Towel: When life hands you lemons, you should make this citrus-painted tea towel. (via Making Home Base)
11. Bubble Wrap Print Tablecloth Who knew bubble wrap could create such an awesome pattern? We’re feeling so inspired, we’re ready to try this on wrapping paper and maybe even wall art. (via Design Mom)