Pretty plates are awesome and patterned napkins definitely add to a tablescape, but how are your forks doing? Do your knives get used, abused and thrown in the dishwasher after dinner? It’s time for our undervalued cutlery to get some well-deserved love and attention. Take a look at these 10 DIYs to get your flatware party ready.
1. Contrasting Paint: Painting your silverware contrasting colors is a great way to get them poppin’ on your tablecloth. (via The Spearmint Kitchen)
2. Dip Dyed: We love anything dipped, and this wooden cutlery is absolutely perfect for that spring picnic we’re planning. (via My Poppet)
3. Washi Taped: Are your spoons patterned? If not, then you better go raid your washi tape stash. (via The Merrythought)
4. Glittered: Glitter on wooden flatware? We’re in love. Dress up an ordinary dinner with some sparkle and shine to make your leftovers feel like a fancy meal. (via Oh Happy Day)
5. Stamped: Whether it’s a birthday, picnic or 10th anniversary, now all your cutlery will be personalized for the occasion. (via Little Flamingo)
6. Nail Polish: With nail polish, your uniquely colored silverware can be easily changed to match your decor. (via By Wilma)
7. Wrapped: It’s bright. It’s ombre. It’s wrapped. It’s the perfect DIY for any party. (via Confetti Pop)
8. Dipped: With a dab of paint and some painters tape, you can create this design that’s a pop of surprise without being too crazy. (via Camille Styles)
9. Painted: Can’t settle on just one color? Choose a few and add some much-needed color to your utensil drawer. (via Freutcake)
10. Chopsticks: Whether you’re a Chinese take-out regular or you use chopsticks as your daily utensils, this facelift will make your food more fun. (via High Walls)
Do you sport decorated flatware in your home? Share your DIYs below!