The Perfect Dog Breed for Your Zodiac Sign
There’s just nothing better than the unconditional love of a sweet pooch (no shade to the cat lovers out there!). If you’re thinking about adopting a dog but aren’t sure which breed best suits your personality, we’re here to suggest choosing your new first love based on your zodiac sign (hey, if your birth month can predict your career, can’t it give you legit dog breed options too?!). Read on to unveil your cosmic canine connection.
Aries (MARCH 21 – APRIL 19)
1. Corgi: As most dogs are known to be needy to some degree — a total turn-off for an independent spirit like yourself — a Corgi’s bold, outgoing temperament totally clicks with your confident, go-getting nature.
Taurus (APRIL 20 – MAY 20)
2. Fox Terrier: Stubborn — who, you? A like-minded terrier will definitely teach you some patience, Taurus, and their quick, fearless attitude means lots out outdoor adventures for the two of you to share.
Gemini (MAY 21 – JUNE 20)
3. Schipperke: These intelligent canines are known for their curiosity and mischievous side — sound like someone else you know, Gemini? And since Geminis are known as the sign of the twin, it’s about time you found your match, don’t you think?
CanceR (JUNE 21 – JULY 22)
4. St. Bernard: Watchful, loyal and sensitive, a St. Bernard is basically you in dog form, Cancer. You’ve got a major maternal streak inside of you and St. Bernards have been known to stand in as nannies for little kids. Now it’s time for you two to look after each other.
Leo (JULY 23 – AUGUST 22)
5. Shiba Inu: If there’s a cosmic charmer among us, it’s definitely you, Leo. You’re always the life of the party and love bringing friends together to have a good time. Thankfully, a Shiba Inu is just as social, fun-loving and sweet. Get ready for even more attention on the sidewalks!
Virgo (AUGUST 23 – SEPTEMBER 22)
6. Border Collie: You feel your best when you’re helping others, Virgo, and border collies definitely feel that vibe. As pets, they’re tenacious and intelligent, which speaks to your desire for efficiency and order.
Libra (SEPTEMBER 23 – OCTOBER 22)
7. Golden Retriever: For a Libra like you, there’s nothing you love more than when everyone is getting along and just being themselves. And golden retrievers know a thing or two about making people feel comfortable. These friendly, trustworthy dogs speak to your accommodating, unselfish nature — there’s no doubt you’ll be the most popular pair at the dog park!
Scorpio (OCTOBER 23 – NOVEMBER 21)
8. German Shepherd: Not everyone (or every dog) can match your intense complexity, Scorpio; this we know. German Shepherds are just the loyal, intelligent pup you need to keep up (literally). These active, alert dogs will remain your steadfast companion no matter your mood.
Sagittarius (NOVEMBER 22 – DECEMBER 21)
9. Husky: As someone with tons of energy who is always searching for the next big adventure, a Husky is the perfect companion for you. These gorgeous dogs are outgoing, friendly, and alert, which means they’ll be up for accompanying you on whatever journey you decide to tackle next.
Capricorn (DECEMBER 22 – JANUARY 19)
10. Greyhound: Bred as racing dogs, Greyhounds know something about striving to be the best, which is kinda your thing, Cap. These gentle, quiet dogs will complement your stable, structured way of life.
Aquarius (JANUARY 20 – FEBRUARY 18)
11. Afghan Hound: There aren’t many creatures who can connect with your independent, rebellious spirit, Aquarius. Except, of course, for an Afghan Hound. These stately hounds are known to be independent and aloof but still loyal and a bit silly. It’s a natural match and one that’ll constantly keep you learning about each other.
Pisces (FEBRUARY 19 – MARCH 20)
12. Boxer: Boxers are often brought into hospitals and care facilities as therapy dogs because they can sense when someone is feeling sad or unwell. This incredible gift is something you both share, sensitive Pisces, and we think you both could do some serious good in the world as a pair. These dogs are loyal, brave, bright, and thoughtful, and you’ll benefit from their grounding force.
Are you thinking about adopting a dog? Tweet us @BritandCo and let us know if your zodiac’s breed is on your list!