You know the old saying about being in the doghouse? After doing a bit of research on the web, we can’t say that the doghouse seems half bad these days, what with mini food trucks, custom-built barns, and even a doghouse with a rooftop garden! Here are 15 doghouses made for pups with only the most refined design taste.
1. Brooklyn Brownstone: First up, let’s kick it Brooklyn style with this amazing replica of a classic brownstone. You know what they say about no sleep ’til… ;) (via DIY Network)
2. Geometric Doghouse: The geometric trend is so in that it’s now gone to the dogs! (via HomeMade Modern)
3. Puppy Camper: What! This is insanely cute, and would make for an amazing mobile doghouse. (via RV Talk)
4. Repurposed Wine Barrel: Straight out of wine country, this looks like a cozy nook for this gorgeous husky. (via Sunset)
5. Greenrrroof Eco-Friendly Houses: Who knew that succulent rooftop gardens had made it into canine home design? (via Inhabitat)
6. Blue Playhouse: We seriously love the outline style of this little play house. (via Pawsh Magazine)
7. Chupete’s Sweet Shack: Locals only? Sign us up! Inspired by a street side sweet shack, this pop-up shop is fit for a friendly pup. (via Los Rodriguez Life)
8. Earthen Doghouse: This dog house is entirely sustainable, and built only from repurposed natural materials. (via Handcrafted Travellers)
9. Rooftop Garden: The kicker here? This house has a water collection system built in that functions to water the plants and fill a bowl full of water for your pooch. Amazing! (via DIY Network)
10. Food Truck: The folks in Austin have gone a little cuckoo for food trucks, and the dog park is no exception. (via TMS Architects)
11. Chihuahua’s Pueblo: Yo quiero pueblo? (via DIY Network)
12. Cottage Chic: Part art piece, part dog house, this mishmash of repurposed furniture is defined as “cottage chic.” (via TMS Architects)
13. El Rey del Choripam: This food stand lives right next door to Chupete’s Sweet Shack. Love the chalkboard menu! (via Los Rodriguez Life)
14. Monster Dog Crate: Does your pup still love his crate even though he doesn’t need to sleep in it anymore? Deck it out by turning it into a cat monster of sorts, probably inspired by Domo. (via Fun Corner)
15. Barn: And last, a doghouse that would look right at home in Country Living magazine. It’s a dog-size replica of a traditional barn. (via DIY Network)
What’s your favorite dog house on this list? Do you have a dog house in your backyard or home? Talk to us in the comments below.
Thanks to Milk-Bone® brand for helping us launch Brit + Co. Pets and for helping keep our dogs healthy and happy.