If you’ve recently been popped the question, then you’ve probably heard these two questions pretty often: “When is the wedding?” and “When is the engagement party?” For couples who want to savor this relationship milestone, an engagement party can be a great way to scratch the celebratory itch that friends and family have been harboring since the ring met your finger. Besides, you should be over-the-moon excited too! We’ve looked far and wide for the best ways to celebrate and are so stoked to present you with the coolest party themes around town.
1. Moon Phase Party: Astrology enthusiasts, it’s time to step up your game. Hold a party inspired by the moon phases complete with painted lanterns, then add simple black and white accents to keep it feeling terrestrial. (via The House That Lars Built)
2. Piñata Party: Maybe you got engaged in Mexico, or you’re just really into beating crepe animals to get candy. Either way, we think a piñata party is a great idea. Have guests write advice on paper to stuff in the piñata, and then break it open when the party’s coming to a close. (via Brit + Co)
3. Backyard Engagement Party: A backyard gathering is a perfect backdrop for a family engagement celebration, set up an outdoor living room in a grassy field for a country chic vibe, then fire up the grill and start decorating. (via Getty)
4. Spring Garden Party: Destination weddings are an awesome concept, but can sometimes be tough for guests to get to. Throw a party celebrating your union in your yard or in a nearby park to give everyone the far-away feel without the travel fees. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
6. Colorful Geometric Party: To keep planning low maintenance, knock everyone’s socks off with unique shapes in your decor. This party full of neons and floral accents is a perfect example of how easy you can bring a theme to life. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
7. Fruit Inspired: Emoji inspired foods can be classy too. Use thoughtfully detailed decor, like these pinstriped placemats, and gold flatware to add a dose of elegance that will totally elevate your get-together. (via Studio DIY)
8. Succulent Summer Party: Crank the tunes and bring out your best + brightest decorations (and plants). Colorful drink options and mini foods are a whimsical way to kick off this new chapter of your life. (via A Kailo Chic Life)