Pulling together a killer outfit on the daily is a challenge on its own, but dressing for two? That’s a whole other beast. If the thought of maternity clothes makes you feel weak in the knees — and girl, we hear you (they don’t exactly have the best rep) — you might be thinking that the next nine months will be a far cry from your sartorial prime. But before you hold a funeral for your #OOTD feed, take a quick scroll through the 15 cuties below. We took it upon ourselves to find some seriously swoon-worthy Instababe-approved looks (complete with chic slip dresses, DDG accessories and daytime metallics) that are proof that pregnancy and impeccable style can and do go hand in hand.
1. Slip + T-Shirt Dress: Stuck in the pregnancy style doldrums? Hit up Eva Chen’s Insta feed — it’s a gold mine for #stylethebump inspo. Exhibit A: this slip-meets-t-shirt-dress number complete with don’t-mess flatforms and embellished shades.
2. Cropped Turtleneck + Midi Skirt: Obsessed would be an understatement. Bump or no bump, this effortless getup is straight-up #goals. As cooler temps settle in, toss on a suede biker jacket, beanie and statement ankle boots.
3. Tailored Joggers + Longline Duster: Equal parts comfy and cool, this laid-back look will easily take you from running errands to a leisurely lunch with the girls. A longline duster and muted palette keep the ensemble firmly rooted in minimalist muse territory, while fresh white sneaks and classic shades lend an element of downtown edge.
4. Bodycon + Bright Trench: If one-and-done is your preferred approach to dressing, this so-easy outfit formula is about to become your number one. It comes together in two seconds flat and shows off that stellar baby bump. Lookin’ good, girl.
5. Printed Jumpsuit + Pumps: Rockin’ a bump doesn’t have to mean parting ways with your favorite pair of pumps. Bust out those bad boys for date night with bae, styled alongside a chic one-hit wonder — a printed jumpsuit. A glitzy ear cuff and bombshell waves are obligatory.
6. Chunky Sweater + Metallic Trousers: While the bump itself is eye-catching on its own, we say take it to the next level by playing with texture to create a truly show-stopping look. Lena Terlutter’s chunky knit and metallic trouser remix is both cozy and sleek, with details like a tailored jacket and studded pumps driving the style factor well into overdrive. Whether you bust this one out for the office or save it for a laid-back night out on the town, you’ll knock ’em dead the second you step out.
7. Turtleneck T-Shirt Dress + Over-the-Knee Boots: Never underestimate the power of a great pair of shoes. Over-the-knee boots take a basic t-shirt dress to haute new heights, while adding a hint of sex appeal to your off-duty #OOTD. Add a saddlebag and structured coat to the mix for a getup that nails it no matter what’s on the agenda.
8. Bell Sleeve Top + Cropped Jeans + Peep Toe Booties: Going with the flow never looked so good. Ditch your tired tee and jeans routine, ushering in airy pieces with no shortage of panache. Channel your inner bohemian goddess by embracing bell sleeves and bold prints for a big city adventure or getting your glow on at the spa — you deserve it, girl.
9. Metallic Bomber Jacket + Distressed Denim: Your bump’s best accessory? A metallic leather jacket. Whether you’re at a routine checkup or a secret show at your favorite local haunt, the coppery sheen and classic silhouette will add a touch of tough-girl edge to everything from flowery frocks to lived-in jeans.
10. Sweater Dress + Sleeveless Blazer: Say so long to snoozy black trousers and embrace RN separates to give your nine-to-five attire a leg up on the competition. The pieces that come out on top? A midi sweater dress and sleeveless blazer that are just as comfortable as they are corporate cool. For extra polish, pair with pointed-toe ankle boots or modern mules and a killer mani.
11. Classic Tee + Jersey Midi Skirt + Denim Jacket: Just kickin’ it calls for casually cool pieces that won’t cramp your style. Anna totally nails it with an oversized tee and versatile jersey skirt that read sports chic when teamed with Stan Smiths and a wear-anywhere denim topper. Effortless doesn’t even begin to cover it.
12. Poncho + Leggings: Comfort doesn’t have to equal sweats and sneaks. Achieve peak #stylethebump status with a patterned poncho and versatile leggings that instantly take just-your-average tees to the next level. For max perfection, DO style alongside a ’90s-inspired choker and a handful of dainty stacking rings.
13. Sleeveless Blazer + Cropped Flare Jeans + Block Heels: Is it just us, or does this ready-for-anything ensemble check all the boxes? Not only is it a shoo-in for your weekly catch-up with the BFFs, but it’ll get the thumbs up from HR on casual Friday too. Looking to score a little extra style cred? Team it with a bell-sleeve blouse or chic rib knit sweater.
14. Longline Blazer + Shirt Dress: Only have five minutes to get out the door? Put this easy-as-it-gets outfit formula into play. Look to longer hemlines or trendy treggings (that’s trousers + leggings) for an office-ready edge.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!