10 New Beauty Products to Freak Out Over in February
February is *here,* and it’s time to get serious about this whole winter weather thing. If you’re anything like me, that means you’re breaking out the heavy-duty moisturizers (because #parchedskinproblems) and loading up on lip balm 24/7. And thanks to the ever-gray forecast, we’re itching to bring some color into our looks. This month, beauty brands including Peter Thomas Roth, Benefit and more have us covered. Read for all the details on 10 new beauty products that will make you look and feel like the queen you are.
1. Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream ($52): Thanks to hyaluronic acid (dubbed “nature’s moisturizer”), your skin will lock in moisture from this product for 72 hours so it appears plumper, smoother and more even in tone. Pro tip: This stuff is a great way to seal in your skincare routine and/or a sheet mask — layer it on as the last step and thank me later ;)
2. Lune + Aster Midnight Sun Eyeshadow Palette ($56): If you’re in the market for a super wearable, vegan palette that still offers a ton of versatility, this gorgeous offering from Lune + Aster is it. You can easily create a bright, natural daytime look with any of the three matte shades and then amp it up for nighttime by layering on your choice of the three shimmery hues. Use a wet eyeliner brush in the darker shades, and you have instant eyeliner.
6. OUAI Clean Shampoo ($28): Sometimes, it’s good to get back to the basics and keep things simple, you know? The no-frills ‘poo will cleanse your locks without stripping them of healthy natural oils and will leave behind a light scent that smells SO GOOD.
7. Boscia Porefecting White Charcoal Mattifying Treatment Primer ($38): Launching on February 7, this pre-makeup product not only creates a smooth canvas to apply makeup on, but it also helps to keep oil at bay throughout the day. White charcoal is known to help balance out the skin and minimize the size of your pores, so you’ll be doing your skin a big favor by slathering it on every day.
9. H20+ Beauty Lip Gel ($12): These affordable lip hydrators leave behind a sheer wash of slightly glossy color that’s packed with conditioning water lily extract.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.