The weather outside is frightful, but these DIY peppermint lip balms are delightful! The winter months are for window shopping, ice skating and hot chocolate sipping, but *not* for getting chapped lips. To avoid the dreaded dry lip and still stay in the holiday spirit, make this simple peppermint lip balm! One batch takes about 30 minutes to make and fills about 12 tins (last minute holiday gifts, anyone?), so you can easily whip this up between your holiday to-dos. Read on!
- 2 Tablespoons white beeswax pellets
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 4 drops peppermint essential oil
- (12) ¼-ounce tins
- large mason jar
1. Fill a small saucepan halfway with water. You’ll eventually set the mason jar in the saucepan, so you don’t want to use a saucepan that’s too deep. Bring to boil.
2. Add beeswax, coconut oil and almond oil into the mason jar.
3. Set the jar into the boiling water and stir to melt ingredients.
4. When mixture is clear and melted, remove the jar from the heat. Stir in peppermint oil.
5. Pour balm into containers and let cool.
Fill a small saucepan halfway with water. You’ll eventually set the mason jar in the saucepan, so you don’t want to use a saucepan that’s too deep. Bring to boil. Set jar into boiling water.
Add beeswax, coconut oil, almond oil and peppermint oil into the mason jar.
Stir to melt ingredients. When mixture is clear and melted, remove the jar from the heat.
Pour balm into containers and let cool.
You’re all set!
Waltz of the (Peppermint) Snowflakes.
Super pepperminty fresh!
What holiday DIYs will you do this season? Show us by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #britstagram!
DIY Production and Styling: Irene Lee
Photography: Tory Putnam