Dressing Like You’re in a Fairy Tale Is the Latest Trend
Shedding your ruffles probably felt like a rite of passage once you graduated to a grown-up wardrobe. But as far as spring 2016 fashion trends go, ruffles and frilly embellishments are the game-changing details that will send your style into overdrive. The easiest way to work the trend is definitely on top, with lace-trimmed, bow-neck and ruffle-laden blouses adding softness and romantic drama to style staples. If it looks like a fairy tale, it’s on trend. Scroll on to check out these 14 fabulous and frilly tops.
1. LOFT Tie Neck Blouse ($55): Soften sharp workweek separates with a gracefully tied bow-neck blouse. Styled with a leather pencil skirt or longline blazer and tailored pants, it practically screams #girlboss.
2. Zara Cropped Top ($70): Your GNO style is about to be redefined; skip the frock and go straight for this cropped gem. The ruffled detailing and architectural silhouette read modern elegance that will pair like a dream with wide leg trousers, block heels and geometric earrings.
3. Topshop High Neck Romantic Blouse ($75): Get in touch with your feminine side in this sunny yellow blouse. Play down the frill and up the style factor by wearing it with cropped high-waisted jeans, flats and a leather jacket.
4. Asilio A Face in the Crowd Crop Top ($148): Dainty details like floral embroidery and micro mesh panels bring the drama in a totally unexpected way on this ethereal ivory top. Rock it solo over a zip-front midi and ankle boots or layer it over a turtleneck and culottes for a killer on-duty ensemble.
5. Free People Molly Ruffle Printed Top ($98): Ladylike ruffles take this flared top on a trip down memory lane with a vintage floral print and fabric-covered buttons that exude old-world charm. Give it the boho babe treatment with a pair of white flares, cute clogs and a slew of silver rings.
6. Stevie May Island Hopping Top ($140): This dreamy top has date night written all over it. Flutter sleeves and an embroidered peplum hem will wow ’em the minute you walk in the room. Toss it on over a maxi skirt (sassy slits highly encouraged) and add a sleek metallic waist belt for extra polish.
7. Mango Flowy Blouse ($60): Consider this red hot ruffled number your go-to anything-but-basic top. Bust it out midweek to give your work wardrobe a major energy boost with a pencil skirt and knee-high boots.
9. H&M Blouse With Ruffles ($50): Switch up your signature just-chillin’ ensemble by trading out your go-to tee for a frilly blouse when the weekend rolls around. Denim takes on a whole new attitude with this shirt in tow — pair it with embellished loafers and a longline trench for an effortless outfit that’s perfect for coffee with the girls or a casual dinner with bae.
10. Forever 21 Contemporary Rose-Collar Blouse ($23): Your workweek wardrobe will never be the same when you add this embroidered rose shirt to its ranks. Layer it under a strapless midi dress or jumpsuit and pair with mules for a look that means business.
11. Tularosa Holly Top ($174): Sheer lace, playful pom poms and scalloped edges — all signs point to your new fave anytime blouse. Amp up your look by teaming it with an asymmetric ruffle skirt and lace-up pumps on date night, then mellow it out with an overall dress and colorful trainers off-duty.
12. River Island Cream Frilly Victoriana Blouse ($70): This romantic blouse feels like it came straight out of a Jane Austen novel. Leave the 18th century behind and give it the 2016 treatment with a pair of distressed denim or relaxed graphic trousers.
13. Mango Flowy Shirt ($60): Totally nail two trends at once by styling this petite ruffle top with flares and a wide-brimmed hat for the epitome of glamour. Finish the getup with block heel ankle boots and a fringe-flecked bag.
14. Topshop Pintuck Diamond Lace Blouse ($80): It’s never too early to start dreaming of spring, especially when pieces like this pop onto your radar. Swap out your go-to sweater for an on-point finish for A-line skirts and cropped denim when warmer weather rolls around.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)