Forget Clutches. Emma Roberts’ Bag Is the Perfect Summer Wedding Accessory
Emma Roberts, your summer reading list guru, is one of the trifecta of Hollywood’s Emmas — Roberts, Stone and Watson — who we love just as much for their smarts as we do for their style. The former unretouched face of Aerie kicked off her summer with a really great, stylish start.
The actress carried an interestingly shaped bag to a recent event in New York: round. In fact, the bag somewhat resembles a sofa cushion. The shape has gone in and out of style in recent years, but it’s poised to make a comeback with Scream Queen Emma on the cusp of the resurgence of the trend.
It’s really clever the way she’s gone monochromatic with her look too — she’s letting the overall ensemble speak for itself, rather than a single element of it like the bag or the shoe. If you’re really feeling round bags for a switch-up this summer, here are a few to try.
1. Julie Winn Designs Round Handmade Bag ($65): If you’re looking for something that’s not only one of a kind but super functional (hello, cross body strap!), this one from Etsy dealer Julie Winn Designs might be right for you. The colors are reminiscent of a sunset, which juxtaposes nicely against the black.
2. Mangoshee Wooden Circle Bag ($145): This round bag looks like a giant spool or button, so it’s perfect for all you makers out there as a wink to your passion! It’s a great conversation starter for the next wedding you’re invited to, if you’re willing to divulge your secret source, of course.
3. Lucky Brand Jordan Round Crossbody ($128): For an everyday bag, it’s hard to beat this one from Lucky Brand; the color pops against your summer whites, but still looks sleek with an LBD. The fringe tassel is a nice touch, but is removable if you’re going for a look that’s a little less bohemian.
4. Beth Friedman Petit Round Crossbody ($59): Talk about a retro throwback that looks just as good now as it does on Betty Draper circa the Mad Men era. The top handle is adorable, and the pretty gray color is just screaming to become a canvas for some bag charms that will personalize the piece.
5. AIOU Macaron Bag in Camel ($268): If you’re ready to commit to the bag shape, this gorgeous camel color might be the way to go. It’s neutral and works with all your workday staples, but would also look good with jeans and a tee on the weekend. The color makes it totally useable year-round, driving that cost-per-wear price way down.
Have you tried a round bag? Show us your look on Instagram with #iamcreative!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Feature image via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)