Summer is in full swing, which means it’s ice cream season. While viral sensations like croissant ice cream cones and fish cone ice cream are already getting us into the chilly treat groove, now it’s time to celebrate National Ice Cream Day. Yes: NATIONAL ICE CREAM DAY, which is today, BTW. And to make the most of this delicious day, we have the deets on where you can nab a free (or super discounted) treat.
1. Carvel: Purchase yourself any size soft serve ice cream cone or cup and get a second one for free at participating Carvel locations.
2. Cumberland Farms: Nab a free Farmhouse Premium Ice Cream Sandwich when you buy a 20oz Pepsi or Mountain Dew at Cumberland Farms.
3. Marble Slab Creamery: Grab a MSC ice cream cone and get a second one for free at participating locations.
4. Cold Stone Creamery: Cold Stone has opted for a “buy one, get one” coupon deal that will prompt you to sign up for its online rewards program which, in turn, is good for a free ice cream “creation” when you buy a first one (Note: It may take about 24 hours after you sign up before you get it).
5. Baskin-Robbins: Just like last year, B-R is offering a free waffle cone upgrade when you buy a double scoop. This delicious deal lasts for the full month of July, which is music to our ears (or rather, yumminess for our tongues).
6. Friendly’s: Friendly’s is taking it a step further by offering their deal for the full summer. “Sprinklefest” will nab you a single scoop cone for just $2, as well as double scoop cones and the “Sunday Fundae Cone” for just $3.
7. Tastee-Freez: Tastee-Freez will drop $1 off a banana split if you bring in their coupon, in a deal that they’re running until the end of July.
8. Uber: This is definitely an interesting offer. Uber has decided to celebrate National Ice Cream Day by launching their UberIceCream promotion. Stick with us here! If you’re in a city where UberEats is available, you can order a delivery of free Magnum ice cream bars via the UberEats app. OMG yes! If you’re not lucky enough to be in an UberEats area, they’re still offering ice cream deliveries in 400 cities around the world, but you’ll have to pay for ‘em.
9. PetSmart: If your beloved pup likes to cool down with a chilly treat along with you, then head over to your local PetSmart. They’re offering free “Doggie Ice Cream Sundaes,” so your four-pawed bestie will be enjoying a dog-safe vanilla soft serve with dog biscuits sprinkled on top.
Enjoy, ice cream lovers!
Do you know of any other National Ice Cream Day deals? Be sure to let us know @BritandCo!
(h/t Thrillist; photos via RossHelen/iStock)