14 Fancy Sandwich Recipes That Are Worthy of the Dinner Table
When you think of sandwiches, your head goes to lunch — an ooey gooey grilled cheese and tomato soup combo, or perhaps that beloved panini from the sandwich shop you frequent on your lunch break. Truth is, a creative sandwich makes for a totally appropriate dinner option as well — when done right. And by “right,” we mean stuffed to the brim with more goodies than your hungry self can handle. Brace yourself, because these 14 dinner-friendly ‘wiches will have your tummy grumbling HARD.
1. Grilled Tomato, Chèvre, and Thyme Baguette Sandwich: This toasted baguette is stuffed with so many incredible flavors, it would be a shame to not share the joy with someone. Find your most favorite person ever, and split this with them stat. (via Eat in My Kitchen)
2. Garlic Butter Italian Sausage Sandwiches: Imagine a garlicky sausage stuffed into a crusty bun, then covered in melty cheese and tomato sauce; let that sink in. Now that you’re drooling, mosey on into your kitchen and throw one of these bad boys together. (via Little Kitchen Big World)
3. Chicken Caesar Sandwich: If you truly believe that you don’t make friends with salad, you can at least appreciate this recipe. This ‘wich takes your favorite salad and stuffs it between some grilled bread for a filling and satisfying dinner. (via Eat Good 4 Life)
4. Vegan Smoky Tahini Jackfruit Sandwich: Smokey flavors aren’t reserved for meat, and this sandwich proves it. Vegans get to enjoy the essence of BBQ with this glorious pulled jackfruit phenomenon. (via The Colorful Kitchen)
5. Crispy Eggplant Parmesan Sandwich: Eggplant Parm is, hands down, one of the *best* vegetarian spins on a meaty classic. Even leftovers are irresistible, especially when turned into a big ol’ sandwich. (via Vegetarian Gastronomy)
6. Sandwich With Homemade Chicken Salad in Greek Yogurt: If you’re a sucker for a good ol’ chicken salad, but not so much the calories, this lightened-up version will make you smile. Greek yogurt takes mayo’s place, and it’s tasty AF. (via Loui and Bearnaisen)
7. Muffaletta Sandwich: This concoction just screams Italy. Layers of cold cuts and cheese are slathered with a tangy olive spread to bring the elements of an antipasto plate to your mouth in one magnificent bite. (via Honestly Yum)
8. Pesto, Artichoke, and Havarti Grilled Cheese: Grown-up grilled cheese is a thing of beauty, and this one is no exception. Treat yourself to a simple yet nostalgic dinner that will tug at your childhood. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
9. Connor’s Ultimate BLT: This isn’t your average “BLT,” folks. The open-faced sandwich gives us breakfast for dinner in the most delicious way with the addition of creamy avocado, peppery arugula, and a Sriracha mayo spread. (via A Beautiful Plate)
10. InstantPot BBQ Pork Sandwich: Tender pulled BBQ pork doesn’t have to take all day to cook. Thanks to the InstantPot, you can indulge in one of these mile-high sandwiches on a whim, even on a weeknight. (via Krumpli)
11. Sweet Potato Sandwich With Beetroot Cashew Cheese: If you haven’t tested out that sweet potato toast trend yet, this might be a good time. The low-carb option is filling, colorful, and full of refreshing flavors. (via My Berry Forest)
12. Cajun Panko Crusted Shrimp Po Boys: All of the shrimp, please! These crispy Cajun-spiced gems make for a fab homemade Po Boy, and you’ll probably crave it on the regular. #SorryNotSorry. (via Savory Spice Rack)
13. Vietnamese Style Brisket Sliders: If you’re more partial to the standard BBQ brisket sandwich, now is the time to step outside of your comfort zone. These flavor bombs will change your world. (via The Modern Proper)
Follow us on Pinterest for more exciting dinner inspo!