Get PoLITical With These 21 Election Party Ideas
At last, this cray cray political circus of 2016 is coming to a close! And if you’ve been following along like we have, then you know election day could not come soon enough. Even Bey and Jay have stepped up to make this thing really real. So before you get too upset about saying farewell to Barack and Michelle (infinite sad face emoji), get excited about welcoming our first female prez: HRC! You can start by getting your election nails did, your free Nasty Women-Inspired voting stickers printed and your ballot submitted to have Hillz (fingers AND toes crossed) by America’s side for the next four year. Better yet, do all that and *then* throw a party to watch the whole thing go down. Scroll on for some fun (and funny) ideas to make your election fiesta the bestest.
1. Get Cake Pop-litical: Treat your party guests to a sweet, sweet reminder of the democracy our ancestors fought so hard for. Add party candidate initials on the back of the pops for a little pizzazz. (via Bakerella)
2. Printable Voting Stickers (Free!): Let everyone know you made your voice heard with these printable (and super cute) voting stickers. Be sure to print plenty, because those HRC pantsuits are going to go quick! (via Brit + Co)
3. Patriotic Punch: Maraschino cherries and blueberries are the perf accompaniment to these DIY drink stirrers! You’ll want to keep these babies coming to diffuse election day tension. Pro Tip: You could easily put two voting stickers together to hack this drink stirrer on your very own. Check out the free printable stickers above for some pantsuit inspo! (via dellcovespices)
4. Presidential Election Booth Props ($20): A photo booth is only complete with plenty of flashy props. Customize your talk bubble with random election day musings.
5. FoxFete Election Party Banner ($22): All that glitters is gold when it comes to this rockin’ party banner. Be sure to add in some patriotic decor with colorful tassels, mini American flags and star confetti!
6. NickLackeArt Donald Trump Emoji Sticker ($4): Get weird with these Trump-moji poop stickers. Pass them out as favors to wear next to your “I Voted” sticker.
7. AshRoseCreations Making America Drink Again Wine Glasses ($8): This election is historical beyond measure — a woman in the white house!? About damn time! Encourage your guests to shed all party affiliations and opt for more liquid solutions. At least for now.
8. KudzuMonster Printable Election Masks ($4): Halloween may be over, but you can still play dress up at the party with these masks. Be careful though, you might actually scare someone with these!
9. MercierMade Presidential Debate Bingo ($5): Rewatch the debates (for fun?) while your guests wait for the results to roll in and play this special debate-edition bingo. Keep your ears peeled for each time a candidate says “Syria,” “Huge” or “Woman Card.”
10. ThePerfectPinata Donald Trump Piñata ($33): Let your guests unleash their pent-up election cycle aggression on this Trump piñata. Fill with gag gifts or candy — or a mix of both, since that’s what this election has felt like.
11. PINAZ Games Pin the Tail on the Ass ($25): Put an election-day twist on a classic fave. Seven lucky party guests can play this limited-edition game by pinning the tail on the candidate.
12. PropsToYouShop Party Booth Photo Frame ($25): Let’s get nasty. V, v nasty by incorporating a personalized frame into your election party photo booth. For added effect, style your DIY booth like an actual voting booth and use election day props like the ones above.
13. KudzuMonster Election Party Cupcake Printables ($4): Style your cupcakes out with these printable wrappers and toppers. Use red velvet cupcake mix and add blue food coloring to step your cupcake up even more. Then add sprinkles!
14. Animal Crackers: Whether you’re voting blue or red, we can all agree that animal-shaped cookies are both adorable and delicious. Set up a DIY cookie-decorating station at your party for some sweet election-night distraction. (via Taste of Home)
15. Dell Cove Spice Company Cocktail Rimming Sugar ($6): Break out the Champagne and/or martini glasses and PARTY like it’s election day 2016! This organic red and blue blend is sure to take the festive feeling to the next level. You can also make your own with some food coloring.
16. Chalk About It: Create an interactive element at your party and take turns filling in the states as the voting results roll in. One state, two state, red state, blue state! (via dirtsastudio)
17. The Last Straw: These personalized paper flags are the perfect fit for your red, white and blue party. They work great with cocktails, wine or beer. (via UpANotchGifts)
18. Bakerlogy Hillary Clinton Cookie Cutter ($16): Let’s face it — this election cycle has been *so* stressful. Lighten the mood with these handy (and so accurate) HRC cookie cutters. Use with cookie dough, biscuit dough or even cheese for a funny and flavorful election party touch.
19. PaprikaPaperie Election 2016 Beer Labels ($12): It’s beer thirty! Time to impress your guests with these customizable beer labels. Your brew snob friends will love debating the flavors of “Hoppy Hil Hil” and “Trump Trappe.”
20. Serious Business: Whether Democrat or GOP, we can all agree on one thing: Cocktails taste gooooood. Especially when it’s election day 2016 and the country’s literal future is on the line. (via The Sweet Simple Life)
21. Presidential Trivia (Free!): How well do you know ‘Merica’s presidential history? Take your party vibe up a notch with this printable presidential trivia perfect for election night parties. (via Diva Girl Parties and Stuff)
Are you planning on throwing an election-day party? Follow us on Instagram for more elect-spirational ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.