Whether you change your hair color on the regular or you’ve got an office dress code that isn’t exactly friendly to mermaid tresses, hair chalk can make your styling plans way easier. This temporary hair tool gives your locks a punch of color without any commitment or damage. From fishtails to pixie cuts, there are tons of ways to show off your new hues. Take a peek at these pictures for some serious styling inspiration.
1. Wavy Hair: Subtle hints of purple look stunning in dark hair. This look is perfect for your first attempt at hair chalking. (via Refinery29)
2. Pastel Purple: This model looks effortlessly cool and so can you. Give your tresses a dip-dye look and let them steal the show. (via Angelica Blick)
3. Subtle Highlighting: Don’t be afraid to add just a touch of color to your dark tresses. (via Angela Su)
4. Pixie: This rad pixie cut proves that a little bit of hair chalk can go a long way to making a bold statement. (via The Corner of My Mind)
5. Unicorn Colors: Equal parts whimsical and classy, this chic cut looks amazing with a rainbow of hair chalk hues. (via @happychops)
6. Blue Hair, Don’t Care: Why yes, dark-haired ladies can get in on the hairchalk trend. We’re swooning over this electric blue. (via @heygorjess)
7. Subtle Blue: Hair chalk can emphasize your favorite features. Make blue eyes POP with a hint of blue and green hair chalk. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. Just the Tips: When you can’t make up your mind, throw all the colors onto your hair and live out your mermaid hair dreams. (via Columbus Alive)
9. Multi-Colored: Hair chalk is temporary, so why not go wild? Show off your layers by rockin’ different shades of your favorite colors. (via Divine Caroline)
10. Boho Beauty: Dance your heart out at your next music festival, or make an ordinary trip to Starbucks extra special with a few new colors in your hair. (via Free People)
11. Fishtail: This fishtail braid is a showstopper. Rainbow hues and an intricate braid? You can find us copying this look ASAP. (via FP Rachel Shapshak)
12. Pretty In Pink: Rosy pink looks fierce. A variety of pink shades easily adds depth and character to your hair-chalked ‘do. (via Hairchalk.co)
What’s your favorite way to style hair with hair chalk? Let us know in the comments.