10 Ways to Wear Head-to-Toe Denim Like Meghan Markle
Before becoming the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle was a big fan of the distressed jeans look (See: the Mother Denim pair from her first public appearance with Prince Harry). Although we may never see another pair of ripped jeans on her again (thanks to royal protocol), leave it to the Suits alum to find a way to incorporate denim into her royal-approved outfits. At a charity polo match last month, Markle was spotted wearing a belted dress by Carolina Herrera that once and for all shut down any naysayers who believe that an all-denim look can’t possibly be stylish. Here are 10 ways you can wear head-to-toe denim with a nod to the Duchess of Sussex.
1. Madewell Denim Wide-Leg Utility Jumpsuit ($145): Madewell’s bestselling workwear jumpsuit returns in denim. The drawstring cinches in at the waist, so the fit is extra-flattering.
2. Farrow Felix Dress ($78): With a tailored neckline, thin straps, and pockets (!), this is a dress we will be living in for the as long as possible.
3. Rachel Roy Jasmine Denim Jumpsuit ($159): How do you make a denim jumpsuit look less like overalls? By introducing modern updates like a fitted bodice and a frayed, cropped leg.
4. Eloquii Tie Front Denim Midi Dress ($111): A flirty neckline is balanced by a more modest hem length, and the medium-weight, non-stretch fabric prevents it from sagging through the day.
5. Calvin Klein Jeans A Line Slip Dress in Denim ($160): This slip dress works just as well bare-shouldered as it would paired with a turtleneck and boots for fall.
6. H&M Fitted Shirt Dress ($50): A classic shirt dress is given an edgy twist with a zippered front instead of buttons.
7. Topshop Cobalt Denim Co-ord Set ($145): Button up that jacket if you really want to commit to the all-denim look, but we also kind of love the idea of breaking it up with a fun tee.
8. Mango Chest-pocket Soft Shirt ($60) and Straight-fit Theresa Jeans ($80): You probably already own everything you need to rock denim-on-denim, but make sure to pick a top and bottom in the same wash to keep the look seamless.
9. Rue Stiic Daytripper Chambray Jumpsuit ($168): Chambray is a good “cheat” for wearing all-denim. It’s lighter and more breathable but still gives you the monochromatic look you’re after.
10. UO Eleanor Plunging Denim Jumpsuit ($79): This plunging jumpsuit has all the ’70s vibes we need RN. Pair it with a tee for summer or a black turtleneck when the temps start to drop.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photo via Chris Jackson/Getty)