9 Ways to Make Heels More Comfortable for Holiday Parties
No one knows better than we do that the holidays are all about eating, drinking and being merry. With an iCal full of holiday parties, formals and post-work cocktails, this is the high season of haute style. Whether you’re rocking glitzy skirts or a come-hither cocktail dress, or you’re simply switching up your nine-to-five style for after six, chances are you’re going to need a killer pair of heels to get you where you’re going. But when you’re dressing to impress, you still want to be comfortable, so you can enjoy the festivities to the fullest. Walking around in high heels may look glam, but it can be brutal on your feet. So what’s a party-goer to do — ditch the heels completely? No way! With the right tips, tricks and product picks, you can keep your feet healthy and looking good all night — or, better yet, all season long.
1. PreHeels ($23): New party shoes? No problem. This brilliant spray stops blisters before they even start by creating an invisible barrier between the shoe and your skin. Say sayonara to unhappy toes and your backup pair of flats.
2. Dr. Scholl’s Moleskin Plus Padding Strips ($3, pack of three): Consider this product your feet’s new best friend — and best-kept secret. Moleskin, ladies, is a savior. This super soft, adhesive cotton can be cut and used to line shoes or applied directly to problem areas to prevent friction. You’re welcome.
3. Foot Petals Animal Print Tip Toes ($15, set of three): Take a walk on the wild side — and give the balls of your feet a break — with this trio of cushions. These babies are thinner and more reliable than gel versions, not to mention that the adhesive bottoms don’t budge while you’re cutting a rug on the dance floor.
4. Fab Feet Back of Heel Cushion Gel ($13): We know the story. You bought a fab pair of heels on sale (good for you!), but they’re a half size too big (I mean, you had to have them!). We’ve got you covered. These multi-functional cushions are perfect for helping with simple sizing issues when your shoes are too big or have stretched out due to overuse. Plus, they’re great for adding comfort to fancy kicks. Pop these puppies on the inside of your heel and live your best life.
5. Dr. Scholl’s Women’s Massaging Gel Heel Cushions ($6): Talk about high tech! These insoles are outfitted with wave action technology to absorb shock every time you take a step, so you can say goodbye to sore heels and hello to the dance floor.
6. Band-Aid Advanced Healing Blister Adhesive Bandages ($5): Try as you might, blisters are sometimes inevitable. Keep them from spoiling the party with these waterproof gel cushion bandages. Might we recommend you pick up a second box to keep desk-side for relief from a day spent giving presentations and running meetings on your feet?
7. Kendall + Kylie Gloria Ankle Strap Pumps ($150): Evidence that comfortable heels aren’t a myth! Outfitted with an ankle strap and lightly padded footbed, these chic pumps deliver major style and wearability. If you’re hell bent on forgoing extra support, look for shoes that offer built-in cushion for added comfort that doesn’t compromise on style.
8. ASOS Ellijah Heeled Ankle Boots ($58): Metallics are a major trend this season, so if you’re going to add a touch of sparkle, we say go big or go home with these glittery silver booties. The round toe and chunky heel guarantee you’ll stay comfortable and fashionable from desk to dinner.
9. Topshop Radiant Padded Sandal ($90): Reach for these rose gold stunners when you really want to make an entrance. The padded footbed, sturdy cross straps and block heel keep you supported and stylish all night long.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style tips, tricks and inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)