The #LazyGirl’s Guide to Throwing an Awesome Holiday Party
So it’s already December, and that legendary holiday bash you were hoping to plan doesn’t seem like it’s happening… for the third year in a row. This is getting a *little bit* embarrassing. Enter, parties in a box! With this new crop of companies, you’ll be stocked with paper straws, tissue garland, foil balloons, cake toppers and more. So get ready to fulfill your #lazygirl party-planning needs with just a few clicks and spend more time enjoying that spiked eggnog.
1. Be Merry Mini Holiday Kit ($75): This kit has all you need for a festive dinner or cookie swap: reindeer plates, santa cups, a garland and a few complete-the-look pinwheels.
2. Hanukkah Collection Printables ($7) This DIY Printable kit is stocked with everything you need for eight crazy and perfectly decorated Hanukkah nights. There are minimal maker skills required, which we know you can master just like you’ve mastered that dreidel.
3. Custom Party Package ($46): Nothing spices up a ho-hum shindig like huge letter balloons. Choose your letters or numbers and this kit will quickly arrive with coordinating garland and confetti. Easy peasy.
4. Merry & Bright Party Box ($45): Get the whole merry package: a happy, colorful and bold banner, some festive confetti and the cutest mini balloons ever. Seriously though, how cute are these tiny balloons?
5. DIY NYE in a Box: So this one requires a little bit more work, but it’s so perfect we had to include it. This DIY kit is filled with sparkly party horns, party poppers, headbands and printable highlights and resolutions cards.
6. HOHOHO Letter Balloons ($28) This may not actually be a “party in a box” per se, but it’s definitely rad enough to make this list. PLUS, it’s the easiest way to make a quick DIY photobooth backdrop.
7. Christmas Character Headband Pack ($22): A party ain’t a party if no one dresses up. This Christmas Character pack (for 10 of your #squad) is the perfect easy addition to liven up any holiday shindig.
8. Winter Wonderland in a Box ($21): This is your solution for Hanukkah, Chrismukkah or a random + dreary can-we-please-not-leave the-house night in mid-February.
9. New Years Party in a Box ($100): This kit has the makings of a glamorous NYE party. You’ll be stocked with blow horns, tissue garland, foil balloons and cupcake holders. Now just pop that bubbly!
10. Little Miss Party in a Box ($49): So it’s technically a “Shower in a Box,” but we’re so into the combo of patterns and mixed metallics that we’re ignoring the label and using it for a classy holiday fête.
11. Party in a Box Piñata and Garland ($85): Enter the dream duo: a set of metallic piñatas and matching garlands. Skip the food, drinks and presents, ’cause this is all you need for an Instagram-worthy holiday soiree.
12. 2016 NYE in a Box ($69): All you need to set the ultimate party mood is a big pop of pink and some bomb-ass sunglasses. Oh, AND a cheat sheet checklist for stocking your bubbly bar. Party on!
What are all of your #lazygirl solutions to throwing a last-minute holiday party? Tell us your all-time favorite hostess hacks in the comments below.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.