The #LazyGirl’s Guide to Throwing an Awesome Holiday Party
So it’s already December, and that legendary holiday bash you were hoping to plan doesn’t seem like it’s happening… for the third year in a row. This is getting a *little bit* embarrassing. Enter, parties in a box! With this new crop of companies, you’ll be stocked with paper straws, tissue garland, foil balloons, cake toppers and more. So get ready to fulfill your #lazygirl party-planning needs with just a few clicks and spend more time enjoying that spiked eggnog.
1. Be Merry Mini Holiday Kit ($75): This kit has all you need for a festive dinner or cookie swap: reindeer plates, santa cups, a garland and a few complete-the-look pinwheels.
2. Hanukkah Collection Printables ($7) This DIY Printable kit is stocked with everything you need for eight crazy and perfectly decorated Hanukkah nights. There are minimal maker skills required, which we know you can master just like you’ve mastered that dreidel.
3. Custom Party Package ($46): Nothing spices up a ho-hum shindig like huge letter balloons. Choose your letters or numbers and this kit will quickly arrive with coordinating garland and confetti. Easy peasy.
4. Merry & Bright Party Box ($45): Get the whole merry package: a happy, colorful and bold banner, some festive confetti and the cutest mini balloons ever. Seriously though, how cute are these tiny balloons?
5. DIY NYE in a Box: So this one requires a little bit more work, but it’s so perfect we had to include it. This DIY kit is filled with sparkly party horns, party poppers, headbands and printable highlights and resolutions cards.
6. HOHOHO Letter Balloons ($28) This may not actually be a “party in a box” per se, but it’s definitely rad enough to make this list. PLUS, it’s the easiest way to make a quick DIY photobooth backdrop.
7. Christmas Character Headband Pack ($22): A party ain’t a party if no one dresses up. This Christmas Character pack (for 10 of your #squad) is the perfect easy addition to liven up any holiday shindig.
8. Winter Wonderland in a Box ($21): This is your solution for Hanukkah, Chrismukkah or a random + dreary can-we-please-not-leave the-house night in mid-February.
9. New Years Party in a Box ($100): This kit has the makings of a glamorous NYE party. You’ll be stocked with blow horns, tissue garland, foil balloons and cupcake holders. Now just pop that bubbly!
10. Little Miss Party in a Box ($49): So it’s technically a “Shower in a Box,” but we’re so into the combo of patterns and mixed metallics that we’re ignoring the label and using it for a classy holiday fête.
11. Party in a Box Piñata and Garland ($85): Enter the dream duo: a set of metallic piñatas and matching garlands. Skip the food, drinks and presents, ’cause this is all you need for an Instagram-worthy holiday soiree.
12. 2016 NYE in a Box ($69): All you need to set the ultimate party mood is a big pop of pink and some bomb-ass sunglasses. Oh, AND a cheat sheet checklist for stocking your bubbly bar. Party on!
What are all of your #lazygirl solutions to throwing a last-minute holiday party? Tell us your all-time favorite hostess hacks in the comments below.
Scene: It's a few days before Thanksgiving and you've just found out you're hosting your pod's Friendsgiving, kids and all — help! Well, you've come to the right place because together with Camp by Walmart, we're showing you how to put together a beautiful DIY Thanksgiving tablescape in a few easy-to-recreate steps. Even the kids can get in on the fun as you learn how to design pumpkin-printed placemats or a glittering table runner in this choose-your-own-adventure crafting video. Head on over to Camp by Walmart to watch it now.