8 Ways to Wear the 1 Piece of Clothing That Will Make Your Festival Outfit
There’s no doubt that a summer crop top is number one when it comes to eliminating the need to tuck in, but if you’re growing bored (is that even possible?) with your arsenal of midriff-baring tops, than the bodysuit is it. Undeniably alluring thanks to its seamless and sexy silhouette, they boast plenty of staying power (staving off the dreaded wardrobe malfunction) and are guaranteed to draw a few double takes, because girllll, you look good. If you fell in love with this trusty basic after checking out our easy-to-follow tips on how to style a bodysuit, we’re bringing you eight more ways to keep your onesie love affair alive, especially as we get in the heat of festival season — a bodysuit is the must-have garment for that major summer event. From chic ’70s flares to flirty midi skirts and laid-back boyfriend jeans, these swoon-worthy bodysuit combos will make you rethink your plain white t-shirts and jeans routine this spring.
1. Free People Intimately Floral Printed Body Suit ($58) + Staud Joni Pant ($155): Date night or a Saturday spent thrift shopping: Anytime is a good time to channel some ’70s goddess vibes. Off-the-shoulder anything is hot this season, and even more so when it takes on an effortless bodysuit silhouette, so you’ll be in good company no matter what’s on the agenda. Feminine florals set a flirtatious tone, and so-chic, zip-front flares land the outfit in street-style-star territory. Mary Jane clogs are a shoe-in (see what we did there?), and don’t even think about leaving home without a suede jacket and round sunnies.
2. Glamorous Retro Cami Body in Stripe With Contrast Binding ($24) + Bishop + Young Maru Shorts ($78): This playful pair is begging to bear witness to all your fun-in-the-sun plans, so best add it to your spring break must-pack list. Who knew stripes and doubled-up polka dots could look this good? For extra panache, knot a colorful silk scarf around your wrist, and top off beach babe waves with a wide-brim straw hat.
3. Out from Under Mesh Block Bodysuit ($39) + Ann Taylor Split Hem Pencil Skirt ($98): Modern asymmetry and mesh panels join forces to bring the one GNO outfit to rule them all. It’s the perfect combo of femme fatale meets classy, and is guaranteed to earn you some serious style cred with your inner circle. For endless sophistication, opt for sleek statement bling, like a bold cuff or abstract drop earrings. Or, if you’re feeling edgy, style it up with a neon clutch, a fuchsia lip and perspex heels.
4. Missguided Lace Up Ribbed Bodysuit ($38) + H&M Patterned Skirt ($20): Go all out flower child for the farmers’ market or a spoken word open mic night with a lace-up bodysuit and airy printed maxi skirt. Fringe-flecked saddlebags and ankle boots are highly encouraged. Still feeling the chill? Top it off with a shearling-lined bomber jacket. One word: stunning.
5. Express One Eleven Extreme Strappy Back Bodysuit ($30) + Madewell Perfect Summer Jean ($115): Step aside Claudia, Cindy, Linda and Naomi. The everygirl’s go-to tee-and-jeans combo is about to get ’90s-supermodel glam with a sage bodysuit that’s all about the party in the back. For a 2016 spin on a classic throwback look, add a statement choker and copper smokey eye to the mix .
6. Only Hearts So Fine Bow Tie Bodysuit ($82) + J.Crew Collection A-Line Silk Twill Skirt ($198): A twirl-worthy skirt and sweet bow-front bodysuit are a recipe for #OOTD success. Looking to score a few extra double taps? Dazzling statement earrings and vivid lace-up steppers will do the trick.
7. Free People Emmy Ringer Bodysuit ($38) + Community Hagnon Pant ($120): If you’re a bonafide lazy girl who just doesn’t do the whole form-fitting thing, bodysuits might seem like they’re off the table. Think again. This classic tee onesie and silk trousers mashup totally gets you, girl. The comfort factor is so there, thanks to super soft fabrics and the trousers’ relaxed fit. Trust us when we say they just might give your joggers and t-shirts a run for their money. For extra cozy-girl vibes, style with slip-on flats.
8. Topshop Stripe Funnel Neck Bodysuit ($35) + You Know the Chill Crop Overalls ($68): What happens when you put two onesies into one outfit? #OOTD gold, that’s what. Anytime-appropriate style comes through with the addition of bright block heel glove shoes and a modern half-moon bag.
Follow us on Pinterest for more spring style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.