7 #OOTDs for the Week: How to Style Bold + Bright Prints
After a quick lesson in color theory (a.k.a how to fearlessly rock bright hues), you’re ready to take things up a notch, right? We’re talking bold color andbold prints, all in one outfit. We promise you’re going to love it. Stylish ladies everywhere are making over-the-top patterns one of spring’s go-to looks. Put aside those French girl stripes (just temporarily) and get ready to amp up your sartorial game with anything-but-subtle style.
1. @totally_haute: If you’re feeling extra brave, go all out and layer on multiple motifs. Complementary colors make a chic look possible, even if the patterns are all over the map. Score some extra bonus points by tacking on equally as intriguing accessories, like statement shades and a quirky carry-all. (via @totally_haute)
2. @grasiemercede: Whether you’re heading to the office or hitting up the latest local hotspot, a modern dropped-waist dress nails it every time. We’re diggin’ how this one doubles up on design with digital prints and color block stripes.
3. @natasablair: Funky purple lips give a flirty, feminine frock some serious femme-of-the-future vibes. This is the way to go if you want girly without venturing into frilly territory.
4. @ootdwelove: Talk about showstopping. From the fiery red accessories to the striking floral onesie and bling, this getup is not for the faint of heart. What makes it work? Keeping the color palette consistent and carrying it throughout.
5. @krystin_lee: Head-to-toe prints are a daring move. Ease into it by following Krystin’s lead and rock a striking, singular motif on a neutral backdrop instead. For maximum impact, choose accessories that will really make the pattern pop, like Krystin’s hot fuchsia heels.
6. @jenniferlake: With boho fever going around, it’s no surprise that tribal prints are on the rise. Give your classic LBD or LWD a pass for more intricate designs in attention-grabbing colors for the ultimate fusion of feminine + fashion forward.
7. @sophiesavenue: Polka dots aren’t exactly groundbreaking, but when you dress them up with an unexpected hue and shrunken-down negative space, they feel totally fresh. Sophie gives her dotted design the throwback treatment with a free-flowing silhouette, ’70s-style boxy jacket and leather saddle bag.
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.