When the leggiest of all the Kardashian klan stepped out onto the red carpet in one of the most OMG-worthy outfits of the year, we admittedly gawked at Kendall Jenner’s mile-long legs under those mile-and-a-half long slits and winced imagining: what if all hemlines we’re spliced that high? Well this fall, we’re actually finding out. Really. But don’t freak: Just because thigh-high slits are in, it doesn’t mean you have to flash your plevage to look trendy (we kind of hope that extreme will soon be shelved for good, even on models like KJ). Scroll down to see how *real* girls can (and should!) wear high-slits this season… and the looks aren’t all as revealing as you might think.
1. ASOS Slit Front Contrast Maxi Dress ($82): Make the reveal even more wow-worthy in a maxi with lining in a contrast hue. It might be the chicest way we’ve ever seen a pop of color played out!
2. G.Star Shirt Dress ($291): This slitted denim shirtdress covers three fall trends in one timeless garment. Wear with Chucks to keep it casual or dress up the look with heeled mules.
4. Forever21 Geo Halter Maxi Dress ($20): Maxi dresses get even breezier with a thigh-high side slit (and your walk just got a little fiercer… huh?).
5. Lanston Scoop Racerback Mini Dress ($110): Not all slits have to be floor-to-thigh high. This above-the-knee dress is a sportier take on the fleshy trend with an easy scoop hemline.
6. Nasty Gal No Worries Maxi Dress ($58): Can a super high slit actually look glamorous? Absolutely. It’s the perfect way to rock the trend at fall weddings.
7. Brooklyn Industries Sundown Maxi Skirt ($40): Party in the back! Make your exit as memorable as your entrance with this center back slit skirt.
8. Lipstick Boutique Plus Floral Print Maxi Dress ($88): Keep the chic coming, high slits. We love how the cut give a modern edge to heavily-patterned pieces.
9. Soft Joie Dacie Skirt ($95): It’s a lot easier to slip into this trend if you’re getting cozy at the same time. Keep it comfy with this gray jersey skirt that would look so cute with a front-tied, button-up shirt.
10. ASOS Curve Pencil Dress in Color Block ($68): Take this slitted number to the office under a long-line blazer, then bust out the pumps for happy hour. It’s a move both your boss and gfs will approve of.
11.Topshop Coral Spliced Midi Skirt ($68): Style what’s categorized as a “sexy” skirt with a fancy sweatshirt for a more casual take on this look. That doesn’t mean you won’t garner any less attention: This get up is style blog-worthy.
12. Zara Faux Leather Dress ($100): An all-over leather frock gets flirty flair thanks to the thigh-high slit. Consider this zip-up-and-go dress your fall uniform.
13. Lemieux Striped Dress ($98): Now THIS is the kind of high slit we can get behind! The draping keeps you almost fully covered until you start to feel like flashing your pegs.
So you’re thinking about flashing some thigh this fall now, huh? Tell us how you’d style this trend in the comments below.