8 Simple Ways to Style Spring’s Leopard Print Midi Skirt Trend
Leopard midis may seem like a walk on the wild side, but, surprisingly, the loud-and-proud skirts are one of those versatile pieces for spring 2019. Dressed up or down, a slinky, printed silk stunner pairs effortlessly with items you probably already own. Throw on sporty slides or a vintage tee for a downtown look, or elevate the ensemble with heels and lingerie-inspired camis. Whatever the occasion, there are plenty of ways to style these spotted skirts. Peruse our inspo picks below, then get your shop on.
1. With Black Heels: There’s no denying leopard midis exude a certain sexy attitude, which means less is more for the rest of the outfit. Black heels + a black top = wild thang vibes. Brit + Co Pick: Lulus Wild Wonder Brown Leopard Print Satin Midi Skirt ($46) and Meade Black Ribbed Collared Tee ($39)
2. With a Striped Oxford: Prints on prints on prints will always be A-okay in our fashion notebook, as long as there’s a complementary color scheme at play. Brit + Co Pick: Anthropologie Pleated Leopard Midi Skirt ($150) and NA-KD Oversized Striped Shirt ($48)
3. With a Tucked-in Sweater: If you’re not tucking your sweaters into skirts, are you even living your life right? Take a cue from every influencer on the ‘gram and use this hack to achieve instant street style cred. Brit + Co Pick: ASOS DESIGN Leopard Satin Midi Skirt ($48) and V-Neck Cashmere Sweater ($151)
4. With a Knotted Tee: A white knotted t-shirt keeps an animal print skirt casual, especially when paired with on-point accessories like hoops, layered chains, arm cuffs, and strappy sandals. Brit + Co Pick: Endless Summer Isabelle Skirt ($128) and Forever 21 Tie-Hem Tee ($7)
5. With a Turtleneck and Matching Flats: Matchy-matchy (when done right) can be a fashion home run. In this case, a pleated midi, tortoise extras, and coordinating shoes all work. Brit + Co Pick: J.Crew Pleated Leopard Midi Skirt ($118) and Tortoise Hoop Earrings ($19.50)
6. With Dad Sneakers and a Teddy Coat: For a less saccharine, more fashion editor feel, go the sporty bra, platform sneak, oversized parka route. Brit + Co Pick: Free People Kendall Satin Midi Skirt ($98), Gabby Cozy Parka ($168), and Miles Sneaker ($275)
7. With Slouchy Boots: This cold weather friendly getup is a natural choice for those mornings when you have no clue what to wear. Just grab your go-to black boots and a cream pullover and you’re good to go. Brit + Co Pick: Warehouse Leopard Pleated Midi Skirt ($98) and Olivia Miller Galena Women’s Slouchy Boots ($110)
8. With a Vintage Tee: A worn-in tee gives a sophisticated silhouette like the leopard midi more of a rock ‘n’ roll edge. Just make sure the fit is slightly boxy and long enough to knot. Brit + Co Pick: Showpo Wild Spirit Midi Skirt ($43) and Thunderbirds Tee ($30)
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.