As they like to say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Not only do we glean oodles of outfit inspo from the latest tribe of style influencers, but they are also a great source for a few unexpected style tricks. Enter the coveted sweater tuck that just so happens to be the perfect solution for transitional weather. Easy as tuck and go, this simple yet game-changing style hack is one that’ll change the way you dress. Keep scrolling for 10 Instababe-approved ways to test out the tuck alongside the season’s trending denim styles (wedgie-fit and Mom jeans included).
1. Buzz-Worthy Stripes: BRB, just tryna make spring happen one striped cable-knit sweater at a time. Here the Queen Bee (Blair Eadie) rocks a streamlined tuck with white wide-leg jeans and coordinating shades of yellow for a simply buzz-worth look.
2. Mullet Tuck: Extra, extra! As per usual, Alyssa Coscarelli is eons ahead of the sartorial curve with her colorful-striped jumper (mullet tuck FTW), high-waisted black jeans, and vampy millennial pink steppers.
3. Pastel Perfection: We can’t decide what we love more: this fashion YouTuber’s powder pink loose knit sweater, her raw hem Levi’s, or her kicky white ankle boots?
4. West Coast Minimalism: Jacey Duprie exudes the west coast eternally summer mentality to a T by effortlessly tucking her cold-shoulder sweater into distressed jeans. Ubiquitous fur-lined Gucci mules obvi not up for debate here.
5. Retro Flair: When Insta gal Reese Blutstein is rocking the tuck, you know it’s a lewk. Pro tip: Mom jeans look exceptionally chic styled alongside a slim-fitting, mock-neck ribbed jumper, and Matrix-worthy sunnies.
6. Shades of Blush: Half-tuck game strong. If you’re not swayed by the pretty blush tones, then the prospect of ankle-baring weather should brighten your spirits on a cold, cold spring day.
7. Girl on the Move: When “be back in five” looks this chic, you know you’ve struck sartorial gold. From Aimee Song’s clear PVC tote (we see you, Staud) to her trend-right jeans and knit turtleneck, one thing’s for sure: We want in on this #OOTD magic.
8. French Girl: Allow Anne-Laure Mais’s covetable French-girl style — in this case, a graphic jumper and high-waisted Re/Done flares — to serve as a PSA to tuck ‘n’ go more often. C’est si facile!
9. Borrowed from the Boys: Kick it cool with a casual tuck and throwback high-tops for instant street cred. This UK blogger’s knowing smirk really says it all.
10. FROW-Ready: A pair of Ganni’s runway-ready yellow palazzo trousers is the definition of not-trying-too-hard when teamed with a tucked-in mohair sweater and the current bag du jour. Stylish BFF not included.
Have you mastered the effortless sweater tuck? Follow us on Pinterest for more spring style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.