Who better to show you exactly how to work your favorite maxi than a street-style pro? Between slip-dresses and pleated skirts, we’ve put together a few standout looks to help you repurpose your summertime go-to. Don’t just wear the ankle-length piece through the end of summer — take it into fall and winter with these cool-girl tips.
1. Slipping into It: We have one word for you: layer (AKA the number one tip to see you through fall). Take your go-to slip dress into chillier temps by pairing a knit underneath and a jacket on top.
2. Keeping It Open: Let your wrap-dress pull double duty by wearing it like a duster. Yep, just toss it on over everything from your denim cutoffs now, and your jeans and leggings later.
3. Nine-to-Five: Okay, so technically this is a maxi skirt, but the same rules apply. Try a bold pattern for the office by mixing in simple neutrals. Think: a crisp button-up and nude heels.
4. Boot Camp: It’s time to ditch the sandals and kick things up in a pair of booties. Add leather pieces, like a moto and clutch, for an effortless, edgy #OOTD.
5. Winter’s Coming: Layer, layer, layer. Top off your sheer maxi with a sweater or turtleneck for a fresh take on the summer staple.
6. Dark Romance: Take your summer dresses into fall with a dark floral print, like this long-sleeve black number.
7. Cozy Coat: Ready for the cool weather? You actually can break out your lightweight maxi. Throw on one of the season’s It-jackets, like a shearling topper for a trendy yet warm look.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!