12 Fall Jackets We Have Our Eyes on Now
As we’re (sadly) approaching the end of summer, there is one thing to look forward to that miiiight make you feel a little better: fall fashion. We’re not sure about you, but this time of year always feels the most fun for style. Between the cozy knits and endless boot options, it’s almost impossible to become bored with your closet, thus vanquishing those “I have nothing to wear” mornings.
So, which item should be topping your shopping list? Outerwear, of course, since it’s the first thing people see. Nab these jackets now — in trendy styles that were seen all over the Fall/Winter 2017 runways — so you’ll be ready once the cooler temps finally set in.
1. Free People Cold Rush Puffer ($98): For those extra chilly days when you want to look cool and warm. In a bomber silhouette like this one, you’ll achieve those sporty vibes.
2. Isabel Marant Étoile Checked Wool Blend Coat ($530): What’s more seasonal than a Buffalo check print?! This cozy jacket is begging for a trip upstate.
3. James Jeans Boyfriend Blazer ($268): From slip dresses to booties, everyone seems to be crushing on velvet. Try the luxe fabric in an oversized boyfriend blazer for ultimate cool-girl vibes.
4. Kenneth Cole Double Face Coat ($148): An easy, throw-on-and-go knit is the quintessential layering piece this season. Come winter, wear this comfy number under your thicker outwear.
Fun (Faux) Fur
5. Leha Hann Faux Fur Jacket ($363): Furry outerwear is as timeless as the LWD. This season, go for the updated take — AKA bold colors or patterns. This bubble gum pink topper is not for the faint of heart!
6. Maje Goldie Cotton Trench Coat ($348): If you’ve been following the trends, you know red is the biggest, boldest hue right now. A trench in the power shade will have you looking like a true HBIC.
7. Mango Applique Biker Jacket ($150): If you don’t already own a moto, try this faux leather embellished version. Not only is it super affordable, but it takes the classic silhouette from average to so freakin’ cool (hello, the back!).
8. Old Navy Twill Field Jacket ($50): An army-inspired parka in a lightweight material will take you from fall to spring. Throw in some pretty embroidery for a girlie juxtaposition? Well, that’s just an added bonus.
long & tailored
9. Twenty Tees Smart Polar Fleece Coat ($265): This coat checks all the right boxes — it has that polished, menswear-inspired look, while the deconstructed piping gives it some edge. Plus, the fleecy texture and oversized silhouette lend a casual feel so it doesn’t look too stuffy.
10. Who What Wear Varsity Bomber Jacket ($40): Nothing says back to school quite like a varsity jacket, and this bomber-hybrid is the best of both worlds.
11. Zara Floral Print Kimono ($80): From dark florals to vintage florals, this pattern can be found in just about every item this season. A satiny kimono wrapped over an all-black outfit is a chic and elevated way to wear the trend.
12. ASOS Faux Shearling Coat ($111): Suede and shearling (even if faux) are two magical things that always go well together once it gets a little brisk outside. Rock this ’70s coat with ripped jeans and booties for a serious statement.
Want more fashion must-haves? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.