12 Hydrating Beauty Products That Aren’t Moisturizers
For dry-skinned gals, the struggle is real. Even after apply hydrating creams and lotions multiple times a day, you might find yourself experiencing a dull complexion and flakiness. What gives? Sometimes, moisturizers alone just won’t cut it — your parched skin is thirsting for a little something extra. Scroll down for 12 of our favorite hydrating products that aren’t actually moisturizers.
1. Belif Witch Hazel Herbal Extract Toner ($28): Most people associate toners with shrinking pores or eliminating oil — wrong! Their main use is to balance the pH level of your skin, which will allow you to rely less on moisturizer.
2. Cocokind MYMATCHA All-Over Moisture Stick ($9): Use this all-natural stick, created with coconut oil, beeswax, and tea powder, on any area that needs a little extra love. Try it as an under eye balm or a spot treatment for extra dry patches.
3. Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster ($59): If you’re using a heavy-duty moisturizer and it’s just not enough, adding a booster might be your answer. With hyaluronic acid (to hydrate), panthenol (to help repair tissue), and algae extract (to restore moisture balance), a couple drops of this product before you apply your moisturizer may quench your skin’s thirst.
4. IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream ($38): There’s nothing worse than putting foundation on top of flaky skin. In order to combat dryness when wearing makeup, use a base that actually works like a skincare product. This SPF 50 CC cream covers imperfections while pumping your skin full of much-needed moisture. Genius!
5. ENATURE Birch Juice Hydro Mist ($28): Made with 91 percent birch tree sap, this mist delivers intense nourishment and comfort in just a couple of spritzes.
6. Origins Drink Up 10 Minute Mask ($26): Simply put: This is the drink of water your skin craves. Apply to your entire face or just in the areas where you are most dry, wait 10 minutes, and let the algae extracts and apricot kernel oil work their magic.
7. BY TERRY Hyaluronic Hydra Powder ($60): Top off your #MOTD with this hydrating powder. It uses hyaluronic acid to moisturize and smooth your complexion while silica microbeads keep your makeup perfectly set in place all day (and night) long.
8. IPKN Radiant Cream Primer SPF 15 ($28): Wake up dull, fatigued skin with this primer that creates a soft, healthy-looking complexion. Why not get extra love during every step of your beauty routine?
9. Marc Jacobs Beauty Re(cover) Perfecting Coconut Setting Mist ($39): This makeup setting spray delivers serious hydration thanks to the perfect concoction of five coconut actives: coconut alkanes, coconut milk, coconut water, coconut polysaccharides, and a coconut fragrance.
10. Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser ($18): Stripping away your skin’s natural oils only makes your face thirstier in the long run. Instead, reach for a replenishing cleanser like this one that boasts rosewater, vitamin B5, and comfrey root extract.
11. Natasha Denona Face Glow Primer Hydrating Underbase ($35): Give your foundation something to stick to all day long. Your skin will be soft-to-the-touch without looking or feeling greasy for the perfect pre-makeup canvas.
12. Karuna Hydrating+ Face Sheet Mask ($28): Dehydrated skin will soak up the goodness in this sheet mask that’s full of peptides, chamomile, Chinese licorice, and vitamin B.
Tweet us your favorite ways to moisturize @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.