We’re all about the outdoor summer festivities, but all of this sunshine can really wreak havoc on our moisturizing game. Dry skin becomes super irritated, oily skin kicks into overdrive and combination skin is just outta control — we totally get it. Depending on your skin type and the time of day, you’re really gonna want to maximize your moisturizing moments. Here are some A+ summer moisturizers for every skin type to add to your skincare shopping cart ASAP.
1. Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer ($30): Sometimes we’re a little sluggish in the morning, but coffee always saves the day. If you’re looking for an equivalent pick-me-up for your complexion, think of this moisturizer as your skin’s morning shot of espresso. It contains panax ginseng and coffee bean to perk up tired skin.
2. Josie Maran Argan Oil ($16-96): The reviews for this multi-tasking oil don’t lie: It’s the bomb. Whether you have dry or oily skin, it moisturizes amazingly well and doesn’t clog pores. We use it for everything from softening our cuticles to treating split ends.
3. Sephora Age-Defy Night Moisture Cream ($30): This anti-aging cream works overnight to support natural cell growth and collagen synthesis, minimize the appearance of wrinkles and keep the skin looking radiant.
4. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream ($30): If aggressive cosmetic treatments or too many sun rays have left you with ultra-dry skin, this is the stuff you need. It also treats atopic dermatitis, irritant eczema, allergic eczema and keratosis pilaris.
5. Botanics Day Cream ($11): This day cream is formulated with Boots’ highest level of anti-aging ingredients. It also contains SPF 15, so you get a little protection from that summer sun damage.
6. Yes to Grapefruit Correct + Repair ($10): Need to diminish the appearance of those pesky dark spots? This moisturizer is formulated with Moringa oil and grapefruit to boost radiance and fade age spots.
7. Mario Badescu Collagen Moisturizer ($24): So maybe those backyard barbecues and summer festivals have left your skin in need of some TLC — we hear you! Here’s a collagen-rich formula that hydrates without the use of heavy oils.
8. Organic Veda Moringa Anti-Wrinkle Oil ($25): You’re looking at the holy grail for nourishing skin. It provides a natural glow and even helps to fight blemishes and excess oil.
9. Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil ($45): Need to minimize shine and brighten up your complexion? This super oil is infused with organic rose hips seed oil and vitamin A to repair, brighten and nourish. It’s much lighter than a cream moisturizer and helps to eliminate excess oil without weighing your skin down or clogging pores.
10. No7 Beautiful Skin Night Cream ($13): Creams may not have the best reputation with oily-skinned gals, but No7’s formulation doesn’t block pores or overload your skin. It’s also hypo-allergenic, so it’s safe for sensitive-skinned ladies too.
11. Yes to Tomatoes Daily Balancing Moisturizer ($9): Moisturizing is a necessary evil among the acne-prone. Because many skin treatments tend to irritate and dry out skin, it’s a crucial step in balancing and moisturizing. This moisturizer contains a powerful sebum (acne-causing oil) absorber, keeping skin balanced and hydrated.
12. Mario Badescu Oil-Free Moisturizer ($24): This lotion is great for oily and problem skin and perfect for summer. It contains SPF 30 to help keep scarring and discoloration to a minimum.
13. Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation ($40): Ole Henriksen is known for their A+ skincare line, and this moisturizer knows what it’s doing. The super-lightweight moisturizer contains a potent blend of licorice, vitamin C, sandalwood, geranium and chamomile to fade dark spots, calm skin and even skintone. It also contains sugar cane and multifruit AHAs to refine texture and help tackle wrinkles. It’s basically your skincare Superwoman.
14. Korres Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturising & Brightening Cream ($38): Need a lightweight moisturizer to brighten that sensitive skin? Korres’ formulation contains wild rose oil and imperata-cylindrica extract to regulate the moisture equilibrium and help brighten your complexion. It’s also formulated without parabens, sulfates or phthalates.
15. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer ($24): This quick-absorbing moisturizer contains meadowfoam seed oil and avocado oil to soften and hydrate. We also love that it doesn’t contain any yucky ingredients.
What is your must-have moisturizer for summer? Share in the comments!